Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone just clarify what my Uni offer means? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I got an offer last year for Geog BSc at Sussex Uni for this years entry, and as I'm worrying about my results now I thought I'd just check what the requirements are . Sussex is my insurance, on UCAS it says I need:

VCE/GCE A-level

Grades BBB

Alternative conditions

A minimum of 300 UCAS Tariff points

must be obtained from 3 GCE/VCE A-levels

Notes on Tariff offers are on the back of this letter

So does that mean I have to get at least BBB or higher, or that I could get ABC (using the 300 tariff points)??

ReputationRep:
    It means you can get ABC
    Another Geographer, yay! Does this mean you're not going to Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca28)
    Hi everyone, I got an offer last year for Geog BSc at Sussex Uni for this years entry, and as I'm worrying about my results now I thought I'd just check what the requirements are . Sussex is my insurance, on UCAS it says I need:

VCE/GCE A-level

Grades BBB

Alternative conditions

A minimum of 300 UCAS Tariff points

must be obtained from 3 GCE/VCE A-levels

Notes on Tariff offers are on the back of this letter

So does that mean I have to get at least BBB or higher, or that I could get ABC (using the 300 tariff points)??
    I have the same offer for contemporary history

ReputationRep:
    My offer just states 'BBB', the only problem is-- if i have ****ed up, i'll end up with 'AAC'

But i won't have ****ed up...will I?

ReputationRep:
    hmm, I was wondering about mine - it says Attain AAB at GCE A-Level.

but they also accept 2 As's in place of an A-level and also accept general studies.

So, I have a C in physics As... if I got an A in my general studies As, would that count as a B at A-Level? I've been wondering this for ages. Not that it matter much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaisersalsek)

but they also accept 2 As's in place of an A-level and also accept general studies.

So, I have a C in physics As... if I got an A in my general studies As, would that count as a B at A-Level? I've been wondering this for ages. Not that it matter much
    Is that Sussex that accepts general studies?

ReputationRep:
    no Leicester

ReputationRep:
    no Leicester
    oh right OK, i'm just getting mixed up, :confused:
    I was just wondering because I thought i might have missed something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    It means you can get ABC
    Another Geographer, yay! Does this mean you're not going to Durham?
    thats great im still fingers crossed for durham as loved the uni when i went up for the open days but am just preparing myself for sussex in case i dont get the grades, im sure i'll enjoy uni wherever i go so cant wait until october now, just dreading results day, only about three days to go now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca28)
    thats great im still fingers crossed for durham as loved the uni when i went up for the open days but am just preparing myself for sussex in case i dont get the grades, im sure i'll enjoy uni wherever i go so cant wait until october now, just dreading results day, only about three days to go now!
    Ah ok, good luck I might be going to Collingwood in Oct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    My offer just states 'BBB', the only problem is-- if i have ****ed up, i'll end up with 'AAC'

depends if you ****ed up a crucial subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Ah ok, good luck I might be going to Collingwood in Oct
    good luck, im sure you'll be fine, i'll be so happy when the waitings over and we know one way or the other on thursday!

ReputationRep:

Does it mention anywhere in your personal offer letter that you can use 2 ASs in place of an A-level, and does your offer state that it excludes General Studies? Personal offers can be different from the standard university offer, so just because the university accepts General Studies and will take 2 ASs in place of 1 A-level, that doesn't mean they'll accept it as part of your offer. If you don't get AAB from your 3 proper A-levels but get an A in General Studies, you could always use it as a bargaining tool though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    depends if you ****ed up a crucial subject.
    hmm, well im studying economics at uni, and I have an 'A' in that... Just chemistry could go horribly wrong... surelly AAC is better than BBB with an 'A' in what am studying. If I get the 'C' I'll just have to ring the uni and blag it, maybe mention AS grade in General Studies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)

Well, in terms of points, AAC is better than BBB, but if your offer just states grades, you'd still have missed it and therefore your university wouldn't be obliged to accept you. It will depend on how many others miss their offer and what subject the C was in.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.