Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    mabye j.lo!

xxxx :confused: xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    I don't agree, mention one heavy song of Led Zeppelin.
    They don't even get half as heavy as Black Sabbath.
    Immigrant song is as heavy as they get, though my point still stands - Led Zep were the first band to play something and call it Heavy Metal, though they were more of a metal/rock/country and even blues mix, which is what makes them so great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Immigrant song is as heavy as they get, though my point still stands - Led Zep were the first band to play something and call it Heavy Metal, though they were more of a metal/rock/country and even blues mix, which is what makes them so great.
    Black Sabbath
    Released Friday February 13, 1970
    (http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/blacksabbath.html)

With songs like Black Sabbath, The Wizard, EVIL WOMAN and N.I.B.

LED ZEPPELIN III
    Released: October 5, 1970
    (http://www.led-zeppelin.com/disc-lz3.html)

I still not agree that Led Zeppelin ever played Heavy Metal.

ReputationRep:
    Black Sabbath
    Released Friday February 13, 1970
    (http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/blacksabbath.html)

With songs like Black Sabbath, The Wizard, EVIL WOMAN and N.I.B.

LED ZEPPELIN III
    Released: October 5, 1970
    (http://www.led-zeppelin.com/disc-lz3.html)

I still not agree that Led Zeppelin ever played Heavy Metal.
    Have you heard Immigrant Song, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love and Black Dog? They are heavy metal tracks.

Then you have the rock/country Led Zep tracks like Going to California, That's the way, Over the hills and far away, Stairway to Heaven, Since I've Been Loving You and Bron-Yr-Aur-Stomp.

It's true that Led Zep were not a pure Heavy Metal band, but they were the first of their genre.

ReputationRep:
    Alanis Morissette, Gwen Stefani, Muse guy (Matt Bellamy)

ReputationRep:
    Eternal Idol - listen to the tracks here, they are live and of a much better quality, this is the only album ever to do Led Zep justice:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...584037-7796146

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard Immigrant Song, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love and Black Dog? They are heavy metal tracks.

Then you have the rock/country Led Zep tracks like Going to California, That's the way, Over the hills and far away, Stairway to Heaven, Since I've Been Loving You and Bron-Yr-Aur-Stomp.

It's true that Led Zep were not a pure Heavy Metal band, but they were the first of their genre.
    I don't think any of those songs are really Heavy Metal ... and other Heavy Metal bands doesn't quote Led Zeppelin as an inspiration instead of Black Sabbath. At least That's my opinion.
    I don't want to have a fight but I don't think that LZ sound gets really heavier enough, but again is just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any of those songs are really Heavy Metal ... and other Heavy Metal bands doesn't quote Led Zeppelin as an inspiration instead of Black Sabbath. At least That's my opinion.
    I don't want to have a fight but I don't think that LZ sound gets really heavier enough, but again is just my opinion.

But they are credited as being the first heavy metal band, and some of them are as havey as 'Paranoid', like Immigrant Song, but Led Zep weren't limited just to heavy metal, they could do many different types of music, which is why they are much better than Black Sabbath.

ReputationRep:
    most the bands mentioned are not exactly the cutting edge of music at the moment, if we are going to meniton old bands i would put the clash in there, rollin stones and queen deserve a mention howver i would like to think we can move on a bit from then and would add kurt cobain (nirvana) chris martin (coldplay) damien auldan (blur) since at least they are within most of our lifetimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    most the bands mentioned are not exactly the cutting edge of music at the moment, if we are going to meniton old bands i would put the clash in there, rollin stones and queen deserve a mention howver i would like to think we can move on a bit from then and would add kurt cobain (nirvana) chris martin (coldplay) damien auldan (blur) since at least they are within most of our lifetimes
    But the best bands all existed before we were born

ReputationRep:
    But they are credited as being the first heavy metal band, and some of them are as havey as 'Paranoid', like Immigrant Song, but Led Zep weren't limited just to heavy metal, they could do many different types of music, which is why they are much better than Black Sabbath.
    I don't agree either, Black Sabbath is much better than Led Zep.
    Inmigrant Song could be as heavy as Paranoid, I'm not agree about this either but you should hear Black Sabbath (the song), Evil Woman, The Wizard or N.I.B. (all of them were made before Inmigrant Song).

And Black Sabbath is so much better than Led Zeppelin, you should here Heaven and Hell with Ronnie James Dio and Tony Martin albums like Headless Cross.

ReputationRep:
    'How the West Was Won' - good introductory album to the Zep.

ReputationRep:
    But the best bands all existed before we were born
    That's true. No good music has been produced after 1985.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    The Clash? My god .... crap.

Codplay? ......
    Rolling Stones? K.R. plays with only 5 strings.

90's band : Faith No More, Megadeth (Marty Friedman is a genius).

You should hear some Steve Vai material ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    That's true. No good music has been produced after 1985.
    I thought that you might of had some taste *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree either, Black Sabbath is much better than Led Zep.
    Inmigrant Song could be as heavy as Paranoid, I'm not agree about this either but you should hear Black Sabbath (the song), Evil Woman, The Wizard or N.I.B. (all of them were made before Inmigrant Song).

And Black Sabbath is so much better than Led Zeppelin, you should here Heaven and Hell with Ronnie James Dio and Tony Martin albums like Headless Cross.
    You have to remember that Led Zep spent a long time playing before recording anything, Immigration Song was around for years before it was recorded. Black Sabbath could only do metal, Led Zep have done so much more. That clip on Amazon does not do them justice as many of their songs are well over 5 mins. Black Sabbath have not produced any real classics, Led Zep have produced several.

ReputationRep:
    The Clash? My god .... crap.

Codplay? ......
    Rolling Stones? K.R. plays with only 5 strings.

90's band : Faith No More, Megadeth (Marty Friedman is a genius).

You should hear some Steve Vai material ...
    The Clash are an excellent band with powerful lyrics, didnt sell out either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I thought that you might of had some taste *sighs*
    There are a couple of exceptions. But generally, it's all rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    There are a couple of exceptions. But generally, it's all rubbish.
    Yeah I know, britney and J Lo shouldn't be put in with all the other rubbish music of the past 20 years :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You have to remember that Led Zep spent a long time playing before recording anything, Immigration Song was around for years before it was recorded. Black Sabbath could only do metal, Led Zep have done so much more. That clip on Amazon does not do them justice as many of their songs are well over 5 mins. Black Sabbath have not produced any real classics, Led Zep have produced several.
    Classic for whom? A guy like the one of your pictures? ...

Black Sabbath classics, just see the tributes that have been made to them. Nativity in Black 1 & 2.

With HEAVY people like:
    Megadeth,Sepultura,Bruce Dickinson,Type O' Negative,White Zombie,System of a Down,SLAYER,Soulfly,PANTERA or Rob Halford (Judas Priest original singer).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.