Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Yeah I know, britney and J Lo shouldn't be put in with all the other rubbish music of the past 20 years :rolleyes:
    You fail to appreciate the musical legendry of Sean Paul.

ReputationRep:
    Of recent time, radiohead is the best band.

ReputationRep:
    Also - Robert Plant is a fantastic singer, Ozzy Osbourne is not.

All Led Zep's studio albums are crap, they are meant to be a live band. The only reason How The West Was Won is brilliant is that it was recorded live in front of mammoth audiences. The fact it was live shows how brilliant they were - they played songs lasting nearly half an hour and didn't falter. I think on skill level they surpass many bands, I can't think of another band made of four such talented individuals, it's a shame they never made it as much here as they did in America - we produce the best music in the world but we don't always recognise it. It is nice that last year, 'JLO' and 'Britney' had just released new albums but what was No. 1 in Britain and America? Four musicians for Worcester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Classic for whom? A guy like the one of your pictures? ...

Black Sabbath classics, just see the tributes that have been made to them. Nativity in Black 1 & 2.

With HEAVY people like:
    Megadeth,Sepultura,Bruce Dickinson,Type O' Negative,White Zombie,System of a Down,SLAYER,Soulfly,PANTERA or Rob Halford (Judas Priest original singer).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846
    Three words - Stairway to Heaven - better than Bohemian Rhapsody in the opinion of many, the guitar solo is orgasmic (yes, I did say orgasmic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Also - Robert Plant is a fantastic singer, Ozzy Osbourne is not.

All Led Zep's studio albums are crap, they are meant to be a live band. The only reason How The West Was Won is brilliant is that it was recorded live in front of mammoth audiences. The fact it was live shows how brilliant they were - they played songs lasting nearly half an hour and didn't falter. I think on skill level they surpass many bands, I can't think of another band made of four such talented individuals, it's a shame they never made it as much here as they did in America - we produce the best music in the world but we don't always recognise it. It is nice that last year, 'JLO' and 'Britney' had just released new albums but what was No. 1 in Britain and America? Four musicians for Worcester.
    Robert Plant is a good singer, Ozzy Osbourne is crap.
    Ronnie James Dio is too far away from Robert Plant, you can't even compare them and Ronnie James Dio sings in three Black Sabbath studio albums.

Also Tony Martin is better than Robert Plant.

ReputationRep:
    Three words - Stairway to Heaven - better than Bohemian Rhapsody in the opinion of many, the guitar solo is orgasmic (yes, I did say orgasmic).
    Stairway to Heaven? That's REALLY REALLY away from Heavy Metal.

(I like the song, it's a really good one ... but nothing to do with Heavy Metal).

ReputationRep:
    Robert Plant is a good singer, Ozzy Osbourne is crap.
    Ronnie James Dio is too far away from Robert Plant, you can't even compare them and Ronnie James Dio sings in three Black Sabbath studio albums.

Also Tony Martin is better than Robert Plant.
    You obviously havn't listened to Plant, he has enormous talent and unlike those people I've never heard of you mentioned, he is still going on his own and being very successful.

ReputationRep:
    Stairway to Heaven? That's REALLY REALLY away from Heavy Metal.

(I like the song, it's a really good one ... but nothing to do with Heavy Metal).
    We're comparing the bands completely, not just on whether they are heavy metal, Black Sabbath were a better heavy metal band, but a worse band overall, they were a one trick sea-lion.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously havn't listened to Plant, he has enormous talent and unlike those people I've never heard of you mentioned, he is still going on his own and being very successful.
    Successful? HAHAHHAA. That's a god one.

If you haven't heard about Ronnie James Dio, let me tell you that you need to buy a ROCK encyclopedia ...

He was the singer of groups like Black Sabbath, Rainbow and now he's on his own and he's much more succesfull than R.Plant.

Just listen to Dio he's a virtous singer not an amateur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Eternal Idol)
    The Clash? My god .... crap.

Codplay? ......
    Rolling Stones? K.R. plays with only 5 strings.

90's band : Faith No More, Megadeth (Marty Friedman is a genius).

You should hear some Steve Vai material ...
    sorry no one has heard of steve vai as a solo artist, so it is unlikely that anyone would of heard his music, the same applies to the others u mention.

i dont think im the only who thinks that the clash are worth mentioning otherwise they wouldnt of sold all those albums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    sorry no one has heard of steve vai as a solo artist, so it is unlikely that anyone would of heard his music, the same applies to the others u mention.

i dont think im the only who thinks that the clash are worth mentioning otherwise they wouldnt of sold all those albums
    It's your fault not mine.

Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jason Becker and Marty Friedman (Cacophony).

They are all guitar virtous players.

EDIT ADDING ANOTHER GREAT GUITAR PLAYER : Yngwie Malmsteen.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else realise Eternal Idol says how crap all these famous and successful people are but ays how brilliant all these people no one has ever heard of are?

I was basing Plant's solo success on the fact it has done incredibly well world-wide, unlike Freddy Bob-Junior or whoever you were saying.

ReputationRep:
    It's your fault not mine.

Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jason Becker and Marty Friedman (Cacophony).

They are all guitar virtous players.

EDIT ADDING ANOTHER GREAT GUITAR PLAYER : Yngwie Malmsteen
    sorry im might be wrong here but isnt this thread entitled 'fav singer' rather than 'fav (never heard of) guitar player
    Hw can it be my fault, it can be my loss in this case but not my fault.

lastly what genre of music does this guys actually play?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else realise Eternal Idol says how crap all these famous and successful people are but ays how brilliant all these people no one has ever heard of are?

I was basing Plant's solo success on the fact it has done incredibly well world-wide, unlike Freddy Bob-Junior or whoever you were saying.
    You are an ignorant. Just that.
    I'm sure you don't even know what Rainbow is ...

RITCHIE BLACKMORE SOLO PROJECT...

MARTY FRIEDMAN? DON'T YOU KNOW MEGADETH?

JASON BECKER? MAYBE YOU DIDN'T SEE THE VIDEO WHERE HE PLAYS YO-YO AND GUITAR AT THE SAME TIME.

I don't know why I waste time with you, all the guys I've mentioned are guitar heroes.

ReputationRep:
    sorry im might be wrong here but isnt this thread entitled 'fav singer' rather than 'fav (never heard of) guitar player
    Hw can it be my fault, it can be my loss in this case but not my fault.

lastly what genre of music does this guys actually play?
    Agreed.

Eternal Idol - not only have I not heard of any of these people - neither has anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

Eternal Idol - not only have I not heard of any of these people - neither has anyone else.
    So what?
    Then Michael Jackson and Madonna are great because everyone knows them, no they are crap. That's an stupid inference.

ReputationRep:
    So what?
    Then Michael Jackson and Madonna are great because everyone knows them, no they are crap. That's an stupid inference.
    well if the people u are talking about were half as good as u say they are their names would be in on the front of nme every month, i assume their alive, but since we have no idea who u are on about it is hard to discuss it with u

ReputationRep:
    So what?
    But you have to understand tht whilst there are many crap famous singers, the good ones become famous too. Freddie Mercury was famous, as was Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby etc.

There is a medium of fame and skill, and I find it hard to accept in a business such as the music one that someone with great talent would go unheard off desite their advancing years. You are entitled to love these people, but you cannot say they are the best, as I would say that due to their lack of fame they cannot be.

ReputationRep:
    well if the people u are talking about were half as good as u say they are their names would be in on the front of nme every month, i assume their alive, but since we have no idea who u are on about it is hard to discuss it with u
    Well, this people like Marty Friedman the ex-Megadeth player...
    Yeah Megadeth it's pretty unknow, right?!!

Rainbow,DEEP PURPLE guitarist solo project, that's not uknow.

And just put Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Stevey Ray Vaughan ... in google ...

You want more famous ones?
    Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen!

ReputationRep:
    But you have to understand tht whilst there are many crap famous singers, the good ones become famous too. Freddie Mercury was famous, as was Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby etc.

There is a medium of fame and skill, and I find it hard to accept in a business such as the music one that someone with great talent would go unheard off desite their advancing years. You are entitled to love these people, but you cannot say they are the best, as I would say that due to their lack of fame they cannot be.
    Yes, but if you don't know R.Dio you are just a plain ignorant... I already mentonied thousand times Rainbow, if you know LZ you know Deep Purple and you know Rainbow.
    You can't still deny them.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.