Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    Watching these settlers whining on tv makes me furious. It just beggars belief!

They're complaining that they're losing their homes - excuse moi, but what happened to the Palestinians in '67? Did they not lose their homes, were they not forcibly evicted? The settlers should be thankful they're not being killed like the Palestinians were.

It's just sickening, these settlers don't have a damn thing to complain about. They should never have been there in the first place. *******s.
    Err lol it was a war what do you expect to happen.
    And why dont you study UNSCR 242, so it was just.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashment)
    p.s anyone notice how much media coverage this gaza withdrawl has got !! under the israelis are losing there homes its so terrible yet when palestinians lose there homes it barely makes the international news !
    Nope its getting so much coverage because its a big first step on the way to peace.... stop acting like the world is against palestine because it isn't.

(Original post by Vienna)
    If it wasnt necessary, I dont see why it was relevant to mention it.
    In the hope that for once in your petty petty life you would drop it.

ReputationRep:
    Both sides need a hard kick in the seat of their pants, and both sides are really pissing me off. I wouldn't mind Nuking the whole region, Israel and Palestine, waiting twenty years, and then giving it to some deserving and decent human beings who really could do with some help. The way Israelis and Palestinians act, I don't think either side deserves the land.

Israelis just steal more and more land and resources from the Palestinians. Water is a scarce resource there, and it gets me angry when I see Palestinian villagers lining up to collect their water from a tiny pump because tonnes of water was diverted to settlers, so they could water their lawns. Then they cry when they have to give back everything they stole. Take from the goyim, cheat them, swindle them - its all okay. God gave this land to us, and this is all true beacuse we say so. The tanakh mentions some 17 different definitions of Jewish territory, so we'll just cut and paste to get ourselves the most land.

The Palestinians seem to think that they should get away with murder. I love how hamas goes off "How dare Israel target a mass murderer. To avenge this, we will kill one hundred innocent children." I just love their double standard. When a non-Arab kufr wants to live in the region, bomb him out. When Egypt and Jordan take your land, and lock you up in refugee camps, treat you like dirt, and don't want you to have a decent life, Its all fine and dandy, because Arab Muslims did it to you. Blowing up children is fine, because you are under "oppression." I just love one quote, "the Israelis are doing to us, what the Nazis did to them." I am sure the Palestinians will be overjoyed with their circumstances after a day in Auschwitz. They want to destroy Israel, but I don't see them complaining about the jobs Israel provides for them. When Israel tries to build a wall to save lives, they complain about the delay on their trip to work.

I am tired of the way both sides act. I wouldn't mind wiping them out, and giving the land to refugees from Darfur. They would know how to act like decent humans, and would be grateful for the land.

ReputationRep:
    Such a lovely site to see those *******s dragged kicking and screaming by their hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyHappyEnding)
    <post edited by moderator>
    I don't think I have to say anything to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Such a lovely site to see those *******s dragged kicking and screaming by their hair
    Nice to see you enjoy watching people suffer.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were merely settlers who happened to be living in the wrong place, perhaps because the Israeli state encouraged them to move there. What did these innocent civillians and their children do to deserve such contempt from you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashment)
    palestine claims the 1967 borders israel claims more than that

but the entire international community including america backs the 1967 borders it will be interesting to see if israel respect the will of the entire international community !!
    There is no legal requirement for Israel to return to the 1967 borders, the ICJ position is in contradiction with that of UNSCR 242 and the American position certainly does not require Israel to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    In the hope that for once in your petty petty life you would drop it.
    If you havent got anything to add to the debate, I suggest you keep personal comments off the thread.

(Original post by gemgems89)
    Nice to see you enjoy watching people suffer.
    Bear in mind that the majority of the people being dragged out of gaza have homes in the west bank and israel. I feel for the settlers who had no choice as to where they lived - the children, and those brought to the area when they were young.
    but most of those have already left. its all the uber-nationalists religious nuts and general dissenters left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Bear in mind that the majority of the people being dragged out of gaza have homes in the west bank and israel. I feel for the settlers who had no choice as to where they lived - the children, and those brought to the area when they were young.
    but most of those have already left. its all the uber-nationalists religious nuts and general dissenters left.
    Watch it.

Watch it.
    You surely aren't so inwardly blind as to see that just as we have extremist muslims we have extremist jewish people.
    I mean there are a good deal of people proclaiming that palestinian lands - ALL of them are their birthright as a people and that they are merely trying to do gods will to give themselve a greater israel.

Incidently there have been soem great articles on bbc news about the pullout - diaries from soliders, protesters, settlers and supporters of the withdrawal alike.

(heres an example) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4153264.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    What are you basing this on, out of interest?

(Original post by JonD)
    What are you basing this on, out of interest?
    IDF released the figures of peopel who ahd taken up compensation and left.
    basically there were around 8000 settlers in gaza before the withdrawal. I think the amount that took comp and left was around 50%. But the numbers grew massively because people from israel and the west bank - mostly the real hardliners arrived to protest and bolster their numbers. it has driven the numbers back up to over 8000.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the IDF. they have over 40,000 troops there because they know that some (a minority) of settlers will do ANYTHING to remain. the only way to evict them is with overwhelming numbers. they have formed units of 4 each - each one to take just one person. fine if they go volountarily - if they don't then its a limb per person and they are carried off. They even have police with each group of 20 soldiers so that they know ezxactly how much force they are allowed to use, and to ensure the safety of both army and settlers.
    plus the whole media presence helps ensure transpaency - soemthing the IDF is often woefully lacking.

ReputationRep:
    Yup i knwo the feeling, i had that when the Israeli army was bulldoizing homes belonging to suspected militants.

Personally i feel sorry for the settlers they have set there lives up there and encouraged to settle there by their government then suddenyl told to pack up and leave.

If suicide bombings and other terrorist activities committed by palestinian extremists to cowardly to target military targets then the Israeli government has basically committed political suicide however if this stops the bombings then im all for it.

Lets not forget the Israeli's wouldnt even be occupying gaza if it wasn't arab aggression and the blockading of teh straits fo tiran. So technically this is Egypts and Syrias fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    You surely aren't so inwardly blind as to see that just as we have extremist muslims we have extremist jewish people.
    I mean there are a good deal of people proclaiming that palestinian lands - ALL of them are their birthright as a people and that they are merely trying to do gods will to give themselve a greater israel.
    Of course there are Jewish extremists. However, some of the settlers might hold extreme religious views but they are by no means violent. I'll show you Muslim extremism here, let's compare.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4137860.stm - this is interesting. I find it strange to see the majority of Israeli opinion seems balanced yet the Palestinians seem extremely ungrateful.

Of course there are Jewish extremists. However, some of the settlers might hold extreme religious views but they are by no means violent. I'll show you Muslim extremism here, let's compare.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4137860.stm - this is interesting. I find it strange to see the majority of Israeli opinion seems balanced yet the Palestinians seem extremely ungrateful.
    by no means violent....against their own soldiers no.
    A few ickle examples is a really poor way fo doing thing....

*cough*Yitzhak Rabin*cough*
    http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L04663144.htm
    [israeli extremist murders arabs on bus]

http://www.nimn.org/articles/whats_new/000470.php
    [the stoning of a palestinian lad, plus violent attacks against IDF soldiers by settlers, not to mention that they poured opil and nails in the middle of the motorway!]

"The panel may not be representative of wider public opinion." [written in the bottom of the page :p:]

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2005
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.