Turn on thread page Beta

Vintage items of clothing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact that there isn't a lot of stuff left, hence you won't look like every other person. Also, I prefer the real old stuff than the new stuff pretending to be old (ie. all those fake faded tshirts, jeans, etc.... not my thing)

ReputationRep:
    I wear nothing but vintage. Todays fashions are nothing but rehashes of past fashions so why not just wear the original. I get all my clothes from charity shops, vintage shops mostly in leeds and london and from ebay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I love vintage clothing, but today bought my first item of clothing I would class as properly vintage, this FABULOUS 70's white shirt with funky red writing on the front snd back and a super retro collar. I love it. Also, it only cost me £8.00 from the Chinese Laundry

Who else likes vintage clothing?
    I love genuine articles of vintage, my fave eras stem form the 30's -50's. My grandmother gave me the most divine lace petticoat from the 50's.

But if we are talking current fashion, vintage is over darling... just wait anouth 6 months until the trend comes around again.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will find its imposible for vintage to ever be out of fashion as whatever is in fashion, you can always find vintage versions of it

ReputationRep:
    im talking about genuine vintage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I love genuine articles of vintage, my fave eras stem form the 30's -50's. My grandmother gave me the most divine lace petticoat from the 50's.

But if we are talking current fashion, vintage is over darling... just wait anouth 6 months until the trend comes around again.
    What?! Already? Not that I could ever be bothered with it :p: But still, hang on, are you sure?

What's in for summer then?

OMG actually I have an idea for my next thread,

Cya,

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Yep, goooooone.

This summer its all about the Kaftan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    What?! Already? Not that I could ever be bothered with it :p: But still, hang on, are you sure?

What's in for summer then?

OMG actually I have an idea for my next thread,

Cya,

DB_x
    the bohemic style seems to have invaded everyones closet this summer.

as for vintage, love it. don't like it when it is in fashion as much though. when vintage are in fashion you can find new vintage in every shop and it doesn't seem special anymore that you have a shirt/skirt/pants or whatever from the 50's when some fashion slave have bought a copy at H&M.

ReputationRep:
    Well i was talking real vintage, god what a prick

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I see pictures in magazines of celebrities wearing vintage clothing, but the truth is that for us mere mortals who can't afford to go in designer vintage shops, is that it's not very accessible. All the stuff that I see is either supremely dodgy, stained or damaged.

I love the way that "vintage" is also just a trendy label for "second hand". The actual definition of "vintage" means that its appeal has stood the test of time, and I don't think that's really apt when it comes to fashion, as just a couple of years ago second hand clothes were generally seen as manky and probably will be again in a few years' time when it goes out of fashion.

ReputationRep:
    Depends which circles you mix in, most people i hang around with wear vintage and retro clothing and always have and always will do . Not just because the mags say its fashionable

ReputationRep:
    pop boutique in manchester lol! its full vintafe stuff
    www.pop-boutique.com

ReputationRep:
    nah pop boutique aint vintage. Its retro

ReputationRep:
    It does stock vintage stuff as well as retro style clothing! I've only been to the Covent Garden shop but I love it.. one of my favourite pairs of jeans came from there!

ReputationRep:
    There is one in Belfast- "the rusty zip" it's cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonzievision)
    I love vintage clothing as long as it's unworn - it's hard to find and can be expensive though. But nothing beats a pair of New Balance trainers from like the 70s in amazing condition, unworn. London's great for this stuff.
    Same about unworn vintage. My favourite piece is a boned corset with lace fringes. I can't really wear it anywhere but still nice to have.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.