The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Bismarck
Tell me how Germany could have led the movement in Europe when slavery no longer existed in Europe when Germany was created.

I already said the Germanic states. Just because Germany wasn't officially a country does not mean it did not exist.

As for evidence since you don't want to believe anything I say even though I studied this in-depth, then I will find it later...

I read this in a textbook for the history class I took.
SlyPie
I already said the Germanic states. Just because Germany wasn't officially a country does not mean it did not exist.

As for evidence since you don't want to believe anything I say even though I studied this in-depth, then I will find it later...

I read this in a textbook for the history class I took.

Leave it to Berkeley to revise history in order to fit their PC ideology. Read my post above.
German states led the abolition movement!!! What a bunch of f*****g c**p!!! The Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was the only nation to reckognize the Confederacy for crying out loud!!
Reply 143
SolInvincitus
Slavery was practiced everywhere, and the fact is that slaves in British North America and the US were amongst the best treated anytime or anwhere. They were the only slave population to successfully self-perpetuate, which means two things.
A) These Slaves were incredibly well treated for their time, leading to increased survival rates.
B) If US slavery was so terrible, why did the above mention slaves continue to have so many children. They clearly didn't care that they were bringing lives into a world of pain, suffering and bondage.

Slavery was cruel and vicious, but I would not say by any chance that slaves in the British/US domains faced the brunt of it. By far the most savage instances of colonial slavery occured in the Spanish and Portuguese colonies. Even until the very modern era, slavery was rampant in Africa and still is. If these slaves were not transported, chances are that they would be still slaves, or only freed very recently. If we pay reparations, then every nation on earth should start payments to the decedants of all former slaves.

No. Difference was this was chattel and inherited slavery.

I'd say slavery was the worst in the West Indies (which is absolute truth) and then America and we know it .

The English colonists were more cruel than the Spanish and Portuguese but that is something I will get into later, since there's just so much to respond to.

Inherited slavery--meaning their children would be slaves as well. And slaves were raped by their owners all the time and thus could have conceived children by them. Anyway, another issue altogether. It's like saying why do poor people have more children than rich people? It's another debate and frankly no point in getting into it.

I don't find your arguments very convincing since they lack any historical evidence.
Reply 144
In all fairness, I don't see why you guys are saying blacks are "playing the victims" now etc. etc.

I mean we could comment on Jews right, Bismarck? Or whatever your nationality/ethnicity is SolInviticus and I bet both of you would be very outraged.

Why must you be so cruel and further societal oppressions on those that have had to suffer for 600 years? I simply don't understand your mentality.
SlyPie
No. Difference was this was chattel and inherited slavery.

I'd say slavery was the worst in the West Indies (which is absolute truth) and then America and we know it .

You forgot Brazil. The slaves there had the highest death rate after the West Indies ones.
Reply 146
silent p......?
Without slavery there would probably be less racial integration in the world, so it has a silver lining, but still quite a big cloud.

Yeh....where would our multi-culturalism be if it weren't for slavery, eh? eh? eh? Answer that all you fatso anti-slavery liberals!! :biggrin:
SlyPie
In all fairness, I don't see why you guys are saying blacks are "playing the victims" now etc. etc.

Do you want to find me the quote where I said that?
Reply 148
Bismarck
Leave it to Berkeley to revise history in order to fit their PC ideology. Read my post above.

Yes. It's a very 5hit university.
Howard
Yes. It's a very 5hit university.

Is it still called the People's Republic of Berkeley? :smile:
Bismarck

Berkley isn't even worth the s**t it produces.
Reply 151
Bismarck
Do you want to find me the quote where I said that?

I believe I used the phrase "playing the victim". Yes, black people are still discriminated against, but they are not slaves and haven't been for two hundred years. No living Briton in the UK has kept slaves ever, so why on earth should we apologise/pay reparations? Whoever mentioned civil rights-its irrelevant to this debate.
Reply 152
Bismarck

Ah yes. At least it's not called Dictatorship of Chancellors of Berkeley.

Seriously, why do you feel threatened by our university? You think it's a cesspool of what liberal intellectuals? Fact is, I'm glad we have ethnic studies; i'm glad you guys can bathe in goodness of what people like the students at our universities achieve--for example HUMAN RIGHTS.

Howard..what university do you attend exactly? Because I don't really want to remind you of uh how esteemed mine is..but I will if you insist.
Reply 153
SolInvincitus
Berkley isn't even worth the s**t it produces.

It's so cr*p that it's "diplomas" are unfitting material even to use as toilet paper to buff up my rosy red ass.
With all the money that is being proposed for reparations, wouldn't it be better to buy modern day slaves their freedom? I have heard that South Asian and African slaves are bought and sold for as little as $5. With all that money, we could save the lives of those who are the real victims of slavery, not the ones who make a bunch of drama about what happened to their ancestors one hundred and fifty years ago.
Reply 155
SlyPie

Seriously, why do you feel threatened by our university? You think it's a cesspool of what liberal intellectuals? Fact is, I'm glad we have ethnic studies; i'm glad you guys can bathe in goodness of what people like the students at our universities achieve--for example HUMAN RIGHTS.

Howard..what university do you attend exactly? Because I don't really want to remind you of uh how esteemed mine is..but I will if you insist.

Oxford. I'm a Don.
SlyPie

Your Liberal Human rights.... Is that why Berkely has one of the highest college crime rates in the US?
Reply 157
Carl
I believe I used the phrase "playing the victim". Yes, black people are still discriminated against, but they are not slaves and haven't been for two hundred years. No living Briton in the UK has kept slaves ever, so why on earth should we apologise/pay reparations? Whoever mentioned civil rights-its irrelevant to this debate.

You're completely right on this..

According to people like Bismarck and you, we should simply forge ahead because it caused no harm on your ancestors or yourself.

Yeah, maybe, since Bismarck is Jewish, we should forget about the Holocaust memorial.since you know, that was the past and not the present.

Now do you see what I mean?
SlyPie

A vast majority of social scienstists = far left
Berkeley = most far left college in the US
Berkeley = esteem by a vast majority of social scientists
Reply 159
Howard
Oxford. I'm a Don.

lol Oxford. I could care less; if you read my signature you'd know.

Why not attend Brigham Young with that mentality?

Latest

Trending

Trending