Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody get a mini fridge for university? watch

ReputationRep:
    Everybody I know has got a mini fridge this christmas.

By everybody I mean most people.
    By most people I mean a handful.
    By a handful I mean 3.

I got a Stella Artois fridge, think my record is 76 Stella cans inside. I didn't want one of those tiny ones where you could fit 4 cans of coke in.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    Do students bring fridges along with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Do students bring fridges along with them?
    most likely.....but the university that i want to go has a jamba juice.....so thats all i will be eating/drinking!

ReputationRep:
    all rooms in our college have a fridge anyway. and it isnt mini. so i could fit more than 76 cans in there.

ReputationRep:
    i got a mini frigde for christmas.

Its silver. It made ice overnight. I was so proud.

No one i know took their fridge to uni, but they are mostly normal size fridges that people have in their rooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    all rooms in our college have a fridge anyway. and it isnt mini. so i could fit more than 76 cans in there.
    You have a fridge in EACH room?

We have a pretty big fridge but it is shared between 12 people. If somebody else finds the code for your kitchen then that quickly becomes about 100.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

We have a pretty big fridge but it is shared between 12 people. If somebody else finds the code for your kitchen then that quickly becomes about 100.

Adam
    lol...kinda like the nieghborhood hangout eh? my friend lindsays family was always out of food.....random people (like me *but i was her best friend) would wander in and take some.......but then they had 4 kids so they never really noticed where any1/ or anything was going......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

Adam
    we have one in each room (small one) and a big one in the kitchen between 14 people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    we have one in each room (small one) and a big one in the kitchen between 14 people
    I thought it was only a rumour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Do tehy get provided free or do you have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Do tehy get provided free or do you have to pay?
    I've got a mini fridge in my room (all the student rooms in college have one - it's jsut standard as part of the accomodation) and theer's a big fridge in the kitchen shared between 9 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I thought it was only a rumour!
    nope, its true!!!

there is just enough soace for about 48 cans

ReputationRep:
    Wow you werent allowed fridges in your room unless you had a specific medical need at my old uni. I'm jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Wow you werent allowed fridges in your room unless you had a specific medical need at my old uni. I'm jealous.
    why I why i mate

ReputationRep:
    I'm in catered halls anyway, so my mini fridge thats holds only 6 cans of coke is fine for my needs - i put some orange juice, yoghurts and maybe a beer or two in there.

There was the option to rent a fridge for the year too, i think it was £50 or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    why I why i mate
    (FYI thats "aye")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    (FYI thats "aye")
    but whats the why? sounds like he says three different things to me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    but whats the why? sounds like he says three different things to me :rolleyes:
    he is saying "why aye man", not "why I man"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Everybody I know has got a mini fridge this christmas.

By everybody I mean most people.
    By most people I mean a handful.
    By a handful I mean 3.

I got a Stella Artois fridge, think my record is 76 Stella cans inside. I didn't want one of those tiny ones where you could fit 4 cans of coke in.

Adam
    which is the best accomodation in Sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    which is the best accomodation in Sheffield?
    plenty of space in byb3's house next year!! say ollie sent you!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.