Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!! i was just wondering does ne1 else go2 da BIG JANAMASHTAMI FESTIVAL at the Hare Krishna Temple in watford?!?!?!?!? cos i dooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! hehehehe!!! lol!!! am probs goin there in a couple of weeks!!! okay I got 2 go now but please reply if u do!!! Hare Krishna Hare Rama!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I woulg love to attend a Janmasthami festival. But I would never do it at a Hare Krishna Temple. Those people have a cult going on.

ReputationRep:
    I've been there, and would love to come there some time

But I live quite far. Hare Krishna Hare Rama :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    I woulg love to attend a Janmasthami festival. But I would never do it at a Hare Krishna Temple. Those people have a cult going on.
    im with you on that one, (at times)

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I went there on a school trip once! They were very nice and I really liked the food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pagal kuri)
    Hey!!! i was just wondering does ne1 else go2 da BIG JANAMASHTAMI FESTIVAL at the Hare Krishna Temple in watford?!?!?!?!? cos i dooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! hehehehe!!! lol!!! am probs goin there in a couple of weeks!!! okay I got 2 go now but please reply if u do!!! Hare Krishna Hare Rama!!!!
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    what do hare krishna people believe different from other hindus?
    i have to agree with the cult thing someone said, but i don't know much about them

ReputationRep:
    Iv visted and it seems a really nice place and surroundings.

ReputationRep:
    The Hare Krishna people are very kind natured and are also very loyal towards the town they reside which is Hertsmere in Bushey Hertfordshire and not WATFORD.

The residence was given to them by George Harrison I think from the Beatles??
    Lovely area nestled in Letchmore Heath / Bushey along the A41

If anyone does want to go, make sure you leave early. 100'000 people go if not more over 2 days I think which makes it one of the most attended events over some time or something. Ican't remember the statistics exactly, but I know an awful amount of people attend and its an experience not to be missed for those who are religous in that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreaming)
    what do hare krishna people believe different from other hindus?
    i have to agree with the cult thing someone said, but i don't know much about them
    They believe that krishna is the sole personification of god, and that the other avatars and aspects of God(shiva, ganesha, vishnu) shouldn't be worhsipped, or are manifestations of Krishna. Their Bhagavad-Gita commentary mentions that Brahma, Shakti, Shiva, Ganesh etc. are only demi-gods, and should not be worshipped. They also reject various other core beliefs of Hinduism.

ReputationRep:
    i go every year almost...

but i dont think its held in the place that George harrison gave? i cant remember..
    ive been to the place that George Harrioson gave... thats the big house type building with a pond near it and a large field and trees etc. is that the same place where they do JANAMASHTAMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pagal kuri)
    I went there once with my girlfriend at the time; she was interviewed by the BBC and appeared on the 6:00 news!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, this topic has taught me how to spell 'Hare Krishna.'

ReputationRep:
    Hare Krishna's r well funny they make me laugh they do hav a cult goin. they sumtimes *** on belgrave rd in lesta n start dancin around Ooo its gr8 entertainment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesta_chick)
    Hare Krishna's r well funny they make me laugh they do hav a cult goin. they sumtimes *** on belgrave rd in lesta n start dancin around Ooo its gr8 entertainment
    It sure is!!!

ReputationRep:
    Mate - type properly. Your words can be translated somewhat differently.

ReputationRep:
    start dancin around? ^o)

Thats what they do.

ReputationRep:
    gosh calm down people ok i will start typing properly for those of you who seem to be annoyed with the way i choose to type.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.