This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
You are however recorded walking into most shops on CCTV. Which ever way you look at it, it already happens, you just don't notice it.

Are there any clever words which describe the type of society I am talking about, and about the society you describe?

Adam
utopia and distopia(sp) depending on your disposition.
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
You are however recorded walking into most shops on CCTV. Which ever way you look at it, it already happens, you just don't notice it.

Are there any clever words which describe the type of society I am talking about, and about the society you describe?

Adam

Oh yeah I'd just like to add I've never been one to support those Civil liberty groups. They talk so much crap. Cry about the tiniest of things and basically disagree just because they are expected to.
the civil group things are kinda random......what do they have to do with the above?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
So that he can have sex over the internet with complete strangers.
id rather have the real thing thanks
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
the civil group things are kinda random......what do they have to do with the above?
They are the groups who disagree with the whole big brother idea of society. Ie, Making a genetic database of the country or your bank knowing everything you do.

They disagree with everything. They can't even agree on what to agree on.

Number of times I've seen ITN news bulletins with the narrator saying 'Civil Liberties groups are against the idea'.

Adam
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Not Corey, though. I think he prefers as little social interaction as possible.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not Corey, though. I think he prefers as little social interaction as possible.
yeah...his avatar gives him away
Albion
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)

Adam

Oh yeah I'd just like to add I've never been one to support those Civil liberty groups. They talk so much crap. Cry about the tiniest of things and basically disagree just because they are expected to.
Yes I agree I am recorded going into a lot of shops and walking around busing shopping areas and it is not something I particularly agree with. However most places (in my town anyway) are not covered by CCTV and most shops aren't. Should currency be taken away every purchase made by anyeone at any time would be recorded so you can't really compare that to the CCTV situation at the minute because CCTV does not watch and record everyone anywhere at all.

I am not a member of any civil liberty groups but I would seriously think about joining one if things become much worse.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
what if there was a machine that made it feel 100% real and there was no consequences like pregnancy or aids etc?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
what if there was a machine that made it feel 100% real and there was no consequences like pregnancy or aids etc?
Then the machine would be full of stains. :rolleyes:
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Flying cars would be awesome, flying through the sky in a porshe at 2gs, oh yeah!
A kick bag that fights back (abit more realistic than what's on the market now) although, the 40 lb bag hanging from my ceiling just about broke my arm 15 mins ago, so mayhap thats not such a good idea.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Flying cars would be awesome, flying through the sky in a porshe at 2gs, oh yeah!
A kick bag that fights back (abit more realistic than what's on the market now) although, the 40 lb bag hanging from my ceiling just about broke my arm 15 mins ago, so mayhap thats not such a good idea.
i like the sound of a flying surfboard like thing better....and it could excelerate and you could go all over the place with your board! and fast to!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
'I have a dream......where white children and black children can play........lol'

Wouldn't it be great if you could have a special outfit that could change into any design of clothes that you want? nah.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
well im carefull,

and at the moment nothing can make it feel 100% so why wait to the future?!
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think one of the greatest medical advance we could have would be synthetic blood, so there is no need for blood donors. And I do believe there will be a cure for HIV in the not too distant future. I am cautiously optimistic about hydrogen fuel.

I definitely do not think there will be time travel. Ever. It's just too paradoxical.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
'I have a dream......where white children and black children can play........lol'

Wouldn't it be great if you could have a special outfit that could change into any design of clothes that you want? nah.
Now that would be soooooo cool!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
well im carefull,

ok fair enough
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
I think one of the greatest medical advance we could have would be synthetic blood, so there is no need for blood donors. And I do believe there will be a cure for HIV in the not too distant future. I am cautiously optimistic about hydrogen fuel.

I definitely do not think there will be time travel. Ever. It's just too paradoxical.
You can't say they will be no time travel ever! In a 1000 years you have no idea what we might invent.

Adam
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
well im carefull,

Why has this thread turned into a place for Ollie to brag he's getting laid?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
no, just putting straight a stupid thread
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
I guess we should ruin his best laid plans, then, eh?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads