Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know how the majority of people felt concerning the outcome of their A-Level grades on the 18th and as such in respect with their University offers. Personally I feel that I will aquire mediocre grades at best and doubt wether I will succeed in my first choice University.

ReputationRep:
    Argh

nuff said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    Argh
    I agree. Im dreading it, but Im resigned to failure so I dont care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    :'(

Yeah, 6 As guaranteed...

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading it. I can't even go and cry into a pint afterwards because I have a stupid driving lesson.

ReputationRep:
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed Wood)
    Just wanted to know how the majority of people felt concerning the outcome of their A-Level grades on the 18th and as such in respect with their University offers. Personally I feel that I will aquire mediocre grades at best and doubt wether I will succeed in my first choice University.
    You can't be too uncertain to have put UCL as your place of study in your profile...

ReputationRep:
    oh.my.god.

ReputationRep:
    go to this link it will cheer u up happy tune :P

I need BBB/BBC depending what uni I most wanna go to, should get aabb - aacc and I'm dropping one of the b/c ones.

Then it'll just be a matter of keeping those grades.

If I need BBB and get AAC is that ok?

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up people. Doubting yourself is natural. However, keep in mind that you view your exams as how your teachers would mark them, but your exams are moderated, and in most cases, moderated up. Therefore, you are likely to do better than your raw mark would actually warrant on its own.

ReputationRep:
    If I need BBB and get AAC is that ok?
    If the offer is BBB then no, that is not ok, it will be up to the uni to decide, but they have no obligation to accept you.

If the offer is 300 points (or whatever BBB equals in UCAS tariff points) then that is fine as you would achieve above that with AAC.

(Original post by Sami C)
    If the offer is BBB then no, that is not ok, it will be up to the uni to decide, but they have no obligation to accept you.

If the offer is 300 points (or whatever BBB equals in UCAS tariff points) then that is fine as you would achieve above that with AAC.
    Luckily the uni which looks best for me is BBC, then.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily the uni which looks best for me is BBC, then.
    Life rocks!

ReputationRep:
    Well I am getting more concerned about my A level results now as D-DAY looms.
    I need a BCC - CC which seems fair enough. My dream place I wanted to go was Bournemouth - BBB+ to study Journalism. Well, as long as I become a Journalist I don't really care what happens. I am predicted a BCC. I'm hoping to get ACD at best!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what I get this year in terms of getting into university because they're only ASs and I can resit, but obviously I still want to do as well as possible to make my life easier next year. I'd love AAAA but I reckon I'll get AAAB (B in English lit).

ReputationRep:
    You know UCAS track, do you find out at 12am midnight Wed/Thu ??? (Like is it updated then or in the morning?)

I am pretty nervous, I need 240 points, which isn't much :P
    CCC, BCD, BBE, ABE, any of those will do it I guess

I was predicted BCC, I am hoping ABC as best or BCD as worse, so hopefully I will get in ^^

ReputationRep:
    Ucas Track is frozen intill 11am on thurs when I think it is updated.. well thats what I read somewhere.

I need AAB which as the days Go on im starting to realise is not very possible.. I worry i was being to generous with what I may get. But I supose we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    i am bricking it i know i have done so bad on 1 paper so i just hope the others can boost it up

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.