Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    that is 3 airliners in one month.. one in canada one in greece and another one just yesterday.. whoever said its a one in a million chance that air disasters happen.

ReputationRep:
    Course you should. Everyones using the tube nowadays despite the person next to you carrying a heavy rucksack and looking shifty - gotta take chances else you'll never get anywhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    The pilot that was flying during the disaster was also a stand in pilot, due to the original pilot refusing to fly because of the above problems.
    Damn, I bet the original pilot feels very lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    that is 3 airliners in one month.. one in canada one in greece and another one just yesterday.. whoever said its a one in a million chance that air disasters happen.
    By just adding up the biggest airlanes in america I easily get 100m passengers every months in only the states. Now if say 1000 of these crash in one month (which still is a rarity) the fact that the states probably don't have more than a tenth of the world's flights the chance would still be one in a million in a veeery bad month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%2...senger_traffic

An average airport has about 500 takeoffs a day (give or take a few hundred) so even if a 10 planes crashed every day the chance would still be insignificant

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't fly, but more as a protest than for actual fear of losing my life... they need to get their act together.

ReputationRep:
    from what I can tell they are tiny company operating just 4 (Now 3?) planes
    :lol: That shouldn't have made me laugh but it did.

Its annoying to see people who say it was a "freak accident" when they don't know anything about the situation - the plane had a history of problems with the pressurization and air condition system, ... and its a fundamental error in the way that the airline is run, which means that its more than likely that similar things have happened with their other planes, or other corners have been cut.
    This would put me off flying Helios, but it does sound like the media's jumping for ratings. I take it with, at risk of sounding like a grandad, a pinch of salt.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.