Turn on thread page Beta

How many of your parents went to Uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    my mum went but didnt finish.

my dad did an open university degree a few years back.

ReputationRep:
    Both mine went. Dad to Cambridge to do Biochemistry and Mum to Aberystwyth to do Geology. Feels like i've got a lot to live up to now.

ReputationRep:
    Both went to uni...
    Since both my parents come from Somalia, it wasn't easy. They both got full scholarships (provided by the UN) to unis abroad. My dad studied business management and finance at UMIST. My mom studied medicine at a uni in Italy but specialized at Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    dad med school at manchester and mother went to trinity college, dublin.

ReputationRep:
    No one from my family.
    :eek: I'll be the first
    Well if all goes well on Thursday :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Um no they didn't go to Uni. My Dad left school at 16 and my Mum did some short vocational course at some college. I'm a bit confused about that to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    None of my parents went to Uni, my dad never went to school and one of his reports from his teacher said - we have no knowledge of this boy - and my mum was one of those rejects who just pissed about and had fun, I am not saying I am not proud of my parents, but I want a better education than they got, saying that even though my dad never went to school, he is one of the cleverest men I know.

ReputationRep:
    My mum and dad both left school when they were 16! My mum has since returned to college to do an NVQ though, and my dad did loads of other exams (not sure for what, as i was about 3 when he did them!). I'd be the first person ever in my family to go to uni!

ReputationRep:
    Neither of my parents went. So far it's just been my two older sisters (and me in september, yay )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
    None of my parents went to Uni, my dad never went to school and one of his reports from his teacher said - we have no knowledge of this boy - and my mum was one of those rejects who just pissed about and had fun, I am not saying I am not proud of my parents, but I want a better education than they got, saying that even though my dad never went to school, he is one of the cleverest men I know.
    your sig is very helpful!

btw, none of my parents have gone to uni, i'm going to be the first in our whole entire family (well me and my cousin will be the first lol). My brother isn't planning on going, so maybe my kids will be the next to go :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Neither of my parents went to university.

ReputationRep:
    neither of mine went yo.

and to the dude whose folk(s) went to bath... wOO go bath!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the first in my family to go to university, I always have to be different

ReputationRep:
    My mum went to Leeds, my dad went to a university in Kenya. None of their siblings went (so I guess I got the brainy genes).

My maternal grandparents were Oxford and Cambridge though... darn.

ReputationRep:
    Both of my parents have degrees. My dad has his Ph.D in physics (also a dissertation away from a masters in hospital administration) and my mother has her degree in chemistry. However, neither of them use their degrees at all. My Dad runs a small business and my mother is a homemaker... Needless to say they were a little upset when my brother decided he would be studying philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Very few of my family members went into higher education or uni. Neither of my parents did.

ReputationRep:
    My mom went to the Tulane University for 1 year, and University of Michigan(Ann Arbor) for the last 3 years. My dad went to Miami University of Ohio.

ReputationRep:
    My father went to Durham University and my mother went to UCL.

ReputationRep:
    my mammy and daddy left school when they were 16 and went out to work and my da learned a good trade by working and now teaches hydraulic engineering to potential workers in certain companies ^_^ and my mammys a housewife xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Mum went, Dad did what's probably the equivalent of an HND or something now at East London Poly.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.