Turn on thread page Beta

How true? - boys are only friends with girls if they fancy them? watch

ReputationRep:
    It can often start out that way, but often you realise that you don't actually fancy them and that they are your friends.

It can be confusion at first.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm, don't I know that one? :rolleyes: but seriously, I think men do like to have pretty girls as friends, it's like girls like having lots of shoes - it doesn't mean you'd ever have sex with a shoe, but you feel oddly attracted to them and respect them as beautiful things.

Yeah, I am in a wierd metaphore mood right now.

Maybe its because I've been to all girls school all my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomski)
    One of my best friends is a girl. Shes mad as a brush though :p: however given that im as mad as a hatter we get along great im gay shes straight, and she could never get the subtle hints I dropped until I told her that i was gay and shattered her hopes of dating a dashingly handsome bloke
    Yeah whatever. No following me around on threads, make your own friends! :P

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of female friends, and although I don't have crushes on any of them, if I woke up naked next to any of them (with one or two exceptions) I would be pretty pleased with myself.

ReputationRep:
    This is a load of crock. I prefer male acquaintanceship over females' but it doesn't mean I fancy them. (Although if I do fancy you, I'll put in more effort.)

Just because you're friends with the opposite sex doesn't mean you want them sexually.

ReputationRep:
    Total and absloute crap. But then I'm a guy, and I would say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Total and absloute crap. But then I'm a guy, and I would say that.
    Yeah, precisely. Girls won't want to be friends with you if they know that, perhaps, in a distant alternative universe, you wouldn't mind having sex with them. I mean, imagine bringing that one up at the dinner party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    Do any guys in the 17-20 category agree with this? To be honest I never used to, but more recently have started to believe it might be so. I admit there are some unique relationships where a boy and girl are true friends but do most guys here admit to fancying most of their closest female friends?
    One girl i REALLY fancied in year 10, i ended up asking her out and all that - well i wasn't her type etc etc so we never 'got together'. Over the years she's become one of my best mates - we haven't even argued with each other (touch wood). Granted we've annoyed each other - but that's mainly due to excessive alcohol the previous night and 9am lectures - if you're not grousy at that time with a hangover then i'm impressed.

So i admit to fancying her first - but i dont fancy her now. Or any of my girl-friends - that's all we are - just friends. I've been the only guy in a group of girls on nights out - leading to comments of me being gay - only because those dudes were jealous :P Anyways, i'd say i have more female friends than male friends and as far as i'm aware i don't fancy them - i feel affection yes but fancying them - no.

ReputationRep:
    boys that only go for girls that they fancy are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    boys that only go for girls that they fancy are idiots.
    As opposed to guys who go for girls that they aren't attracted to in the slightest, who have figured out that God is out to get them and are cleverly second-guessing him.

ReputationRep:
    Guys are less superficial than everyone gives us credit for. we arnt just friends with people we want to pott the pink with, and it really pisses me off that no one accepts that

ReputationRep:
    "A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy"

ReputationRep:
    I'm only in it to hit it. That's the honest truth. I have one female friend who I would not sleep with given the chance...dunno why, pretty girl too, just sorta different vibe. A brother/sister relationship there.

Her aside, if I know you, and your not related to me, my ultimate interest is to run up in it.*

* 85% of the time.

A few girls are just friends...but its no more then say 15%.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.