Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else feel unusually calm... watch

ReputationRep:
    Unusually calm about the results...? :confused: I do for some reason, but on previous results days I've been panicking for ages.

It's probably gonna hit me all at once the night before :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Unusually calm about the results...? :confused: I do for some reason, but on previous results days I've been panicking for ages.

It's probably gonna hit me all at once the night before :p:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Nope! It will be my first results day and I am unusually nervous. Normally I am the type going round telling everybody to calm down and to 'get over it', but this year I will need some people to aid me instead lol.

ReputationRep:
    Nah im not really nervous about it. I know im gonna do bad so whats the use in worrying lol

ReputationRep:
    no.

every other year that i've had results (i.e. the last three years) i found that i was unusually calm, verging on amused, in the exams, despite having done a maximum of about one hour of revision per subject (i started giggling in my chemistry gcse, for which i did no revision at all, because i didn't know what some of the questions meant).

then, about two days before results, i would be on the brink of having a panic-attack, and would vow to revise the next year.

this year, however, i have been a nervous wreck since about january.

(Original post by buttons7)
    no.

every other year that i've had results (i.e. the last three years) i found that i was unusually calm, verging on amused, in the exams, despite having done a maximum of about one hour of revision per subject (i started giggling in my chemistry gcse, for which i did no revision at all, because i didn't know what some of the questions meant).

then, about two days before results, i would be on the brink of having a panic-attack, and would vow to revise the next year.

this year, however, i have been a nervous wreck since about january.
    awwwww :hugs:

was this chemsitry exam due to your crazy teacher? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nope not at all, my tummy is doing somersaults

(Original post by twiga)
    Nope not at all, my tummy is doing somersaults
    again awww! you girls are the most annoying ever on results day! all you do is scream! hehe

:hugs:

oh yeah and OMG its twiga! i haven't spoken to you in ageeeees! how you doing girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    awwwww :hugs:

was this chemsitry exam due to your crazy teacher? :p:
    lol, well the teacher was a little bit odd... he thought i had a great aptitude for chemistry or something, when actually i thought that it was evil incarnate (which is why i didn't revise). it meant i slipped below my predicted grade for that subject, which he didn't seem too happy about, but i was pleased. i liked my chemistry grade . especially since i wrote "krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryptonite! " all over one of the pages of the exam.

ahhh, i was young and foolish. what i wouldn't give to have been able to do that this year . i've been having nightmares for weeks!

ReputationRep:
    again awww! you girls are the most annoying ever on results day! all you do is scream! hehe

:hugs:

oh yeah and OMG its twiga! i haven't spoken to you in ageeeees! how you doing girl?
    Well I'm not gonna cry or scream, I think I'll just get my envelope and curl up under a desk and refuse to come out :p:

I'm good thanks my love how are you? Hows things?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I just try not to think about it incase I start feeling sick again :P

(Original post by twiga)
    Well I'm not gonna cry or scream, I think I'll just get my envelope and curl up under a desk and refuse to come out :p:

I'm good thanks my love how are you? Hows things?
    best not to worry, have confidence. you'll do fine :hugs:

Im ok thanks, everything is well i guess. Been doing loads of work at Somerfields :motz: and chatting a lot, and hanging out with mates.

What you been up to?

ROFL @ Buttons post! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    best not to worry, have confidence. you'll do fine :hugs:

Im ok thanks, everything is well i guess. Been doing loads of work at Somerfields :motz: and chatting a lot, and hanging out with mates.

What you been up to?

ROFL @ Buttons post! :rofl:
    Sounds like fun working there! I've been working at a bar and a sports shop to earn a bit of money over the summer, and I'm off to New York next week with my family

ReputationRep:
    I am. Haven't been nervous at all, but then it is only AS results i'm getting.

(Original post by Sami C)
    I am. Haven't been nervous at all, but then it is only AS results i'm getting.
    :dito: but still, they're halfways towards your A level, and are still very important for Uni!

(Original post by twiga)
    Sounds like fun working there! I've been working at a bar and a sports shop to earn a bit of money over the summer, and I'm off to New York next week with my family
    hehe it sucks! lol

Ooooh have fun, i love America, tis a nice place, full of friendly people.

Whats your job like?

ReputationRep:
    hehe it sucks! lol

Ooooh have fun, i love America, tis a nice place, full of friendly people.

Whats your job like?
    I've never been to NY before, I'm really looking forward to the shopping etc which parts have you visited?

My jobs are hard work! My bar job involves 12 hour shifts on Saturdays because of the football as it gets soooo busy, and the sports shop is just boring - I get to play with golfclubs and footballs all day

(Original post by twiga)
    I've never been to NY before, I'm really looking forward to the shopping etc which parts have you visited?

My jobs are hard work! My bar job involves 12 hour shifts on Saturdays because of the football as it gets soooo busy, and the sports shop is just boring - I get to play with golfclubs and footballs all day
    I went to chicago, it was very nice. i got searched at the airport! :eek: :motz: :rofl:

hehe girls and their shopping! :p:

hehe you like your balls

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well 2days ago I was panicing and still am,I have these up and downs where I forget all about it,then I suddenly panic and become angry,and yell at people around me,or frown,It sucks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not calm at all. I was calm for GCSEs and As levels but not now. I have the awful feeling that I've failed

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.