The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry I hate it when people jump to the conclusion that contraceptives werent used, condoms arent always reliable almost everyone I know has had an instance where the condom has split and not everyone can take the pill. I find some people very judgemental. It is easy to pass comment when its never happened to you.
viviki
How do you know that contraceptives werent used? Dont jump to conclusions!

Well, I think it was fairly obvious...
Reply 22
fluff
yes - it deserves a good life.

if a mum cant give that, then i dont see how its fair on a child.

adoption in my view is like neglection. when the child grows older, it will think "my mum doesnt care about me.....".

theres always the tag of "unwanted child" in the back of a mind of an adopted child.

Well thats your view, however I would rather feel some neglet, than never have a chance at life to begin with.
Also as I have said prior, the reasons you are giving are selfish, it is very much possible to raise a child and continue on w/ your education and secure a good job. That excuse is a cop out.
Reply 23
viviki
Sorry I hate it when people jump to the conclusion that contraceptives werent used, condoms arent always reliable almost everyone I know has had an instance where the condom has split and not everyone can take the pill. I find some people very judgemental. It is easy to pass comment when its never happened to you.

read my last post.

btw: teh condom only splits if:

a.) it is not the correct girth size.
b.) or if it isnt put on properly as the instructions state.

if these 2 principles r obeyed, then there isnt any excuse.
Infinity
Well thats your view, however I would rather feel some neglet, than never have a chance at life to begin with.
Also as I have said prior, the reasons you are giving are selfish, it is very much possible to raise a child and continue on w/ your education and secure a good job. That excuse is a cop out.

I agree. Even if they feel a bit of neglect, they will grow up to understand why their biological mother wasn't able to take care of them. At least they are given a chance to live instead of being killed off in an abortion.
Reply 25
fluff
read my last post.

btw: teh condom only splits if:

a.) it is not the correct girth size.
b.) or if it isnt put on properly as the instructions state.

if these 2 principles r obeyed, then there isnt any excuse.

a)They are only 99% effective.
b) Pranksters do go arround poking pin holes in them on the store shelf.
c) there is always the possibilty of manufacturer defects.
Reply 26
Infinity

thats your opinion - but why should a mother sacrifice the next 20 or whatever years of her life, especially if she has had career propsects or watever. its a bit naiive to call that selfish, its a mother's choice after all and i dont see how its "selfish" to choose a career over a child. (unitl she is older at least)

as i said, if a mother knows that realistcially she cant give the child a decent upbringing herself, or if she doesnt really want teh child, then i wud advise to hav an abortion - especially at 17.

on the other hand, if she is fine with it, and is prepared 4 it in a good manner of course to raise teh child, then so be it.
Reply 27
http://www.addenbrookes.org.uk/serv/clin/women/fpc/problems_condoms.html

There are actually several other reasons why a condom might split or come off during sex. Its NOT obvious that someone hasnt been using contraception when they consider an abortion.
Reply 28
Infinity
a)They are only 99% effective.
b) Pranksters do go arround poking pin holes in them on the store shelf.
c) there is always the possibilty of manufacturer defects.

"b) Pranksters do go arround poking pin holes in them on the store shelf."

thats a new one!!! ehhh?
Reply 29
fluff

thats a new one!!! ehhh?

I've heard of that happening before too.
Reply 30
fluff
thats your opinion - but why should a mother sacrifice the next 20 or whatever years of her life, especially if she has had career propsects or watever. its a bit naiive to call that selfish, its a mother's choice after all and i dont see how its "selfish" to choose a career over a child. (unitl she is older at least)

as i said, if a mother knows that realistcially she cant give the child a decent upbringing herself, or if she doesnt really want teh child, then i wud advise to hav an abortion - especially at 17.

on the other hand, if she is fine with it, and is prepared 4 it in a good manner of course to raise teh child, then so be it.

"Choose a career over a child"
That statement alone is selfish,
"Doesn't really want it"
that's even worse.
If your not ready to raise a child don't do the deed.
viviki
http://www.addenbrookes.org.uk/serv/clin/women/fpc/problems_condoms.html

There are actually several other reasons why a condom might split or come off during sex. Its NOT obvious that someone hasnt been using contraception when they consider an abortion.

Wow, you have gone all that way to prove me wrong. You deserve some +ve rep (which I can't give out until an hour or two later I'm afraid!)
Reply 32
fluff

thats a new one!!! ehhh?

What planet are you on?
Reply 33
Infinity
What planet are you on?

i havent heard of that one b4........seems a bit odd.
Reply 34
I dont think having an abortion is something that anyone other than a complete uncaring idiot would ever take lightly. My friend had an abortion a couple of years ago and it certainly isnt something she took lightly she still has nightmares about it, but at the time she couldnt see that she had any other option. I wouldnt say that she regrets the decision but it certainly isnt a decision that shes proud of making.
Luckily I havent ever been in that situation myself but I'm terrified that it might happen to me I cant take the pill and i do rely on condoms and I dont 100% trust them. My time of the month isnt regular so every month if I'm sexually active I get scared that I'm pregnant if I think I'm late.
Reply 35
Infinity
That statement alone is selfish,
"Doesn't really want it"
that's even worse.
If your not ready to raise a child don't do the deed.

i am not a women by the way!!

personally, i dont think that is seflish, irregardless of wat i think, more and more do think that a career is more important than having a child at 17 - i can see their reason.

anyway, bed time 4 me, so goodnight all. nice talking to ya......
Reply 36
fluff
i am not a women by the way!!

personally, i dont think that is seflish, irregardless of wat i think, more and more do think that a career is more important than having a child at 17 - i can see their reason.

anyway, bed time 4 me, so goodnight all. nice talking to ya......

When did I say you were a women? :rolleyes:
Reply 37
do what you want to do dont listen to people, no matter what your life comes first it might sound selfish but you have to take care of your self more as you dont know how long it will last

Latest

Trending

Trending