Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well i trully hate the though of having an abortion ... but i usually get my period on the same day every month ... its late this month and i am worried ... if i am pregant then i would have to abort it cause my parents would TOTALLY KILL ME ... i am so scared ... u wouldn't believe ... i just hope my period come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MellyBelly)
    well i trully hate the though of having an abortion ... but i usually get my period on the same day every month ... its late this month and i am worried ... if i am pregant then i would have to abort it cause my parents would TOTALLY KILL ME ... i am so scared ... u wouldn't believe ... i just hope my period come
    Scared you say. No doubt you're scared. Let us indeed hope that it does come in time, else you should really consider consulting a doctor as soon as possible. Unless of course you wish to have the child. Your parents are going to have to know though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The sooner you know for sure the better - worrying about something that may not happen is daft. Buy a pregnancy test and find out for sure. The very worst thing to do if your thinking about termination is to dilly dally and put things off - the sooner the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    The sooner you know for sure the better - worrying about something that may not happen is daft. Buy a pregnancy test and find out for sure. The very worst thing to do if your thinking about termination is to dilly dally and put things off - the sooner the better.
    Precisely. Don't waste time. Instead of waiting for it to come, if it is coming at all, run out and buy a test or two. Yes it does help to try more than one, just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Failing buying a pregnancy test if there is a possibility of being caught, take a water sample to a chemist, some offer pregnancy testing and will give you an answer very quickly. Terminations are best done before the 16th week, so the sooner you know the better. Be sure of your dates otherwise you may need a scan to determine how far on you are and believe me, after you see your baby for the first time, termination is harder to go ahead with. Agree with the above, time is of the essence , dont worry until you have reason to, then there are always people who will support you, you need never feel you have to go it alone, regardless of what you decide to do

ReputationRep:
    If you get a pharmacy pregnancy test make sure you read the instructions before you buy. Some can be done straight away and there are some that have to be done at a certain time.
    The best thing to do is to go to the doctors and get checked out. If you you had unprotected sex or the contraception failed less than 5 days ago it is possible that the coil might still be a valid option for you,
    http://www.ridgeway-surgery.demon.co...t/pccontra.htm

so time is seriously if the essence get checked out asap.

ReputationRep:
    Who's the daddy? lol ooo i hope its me lol.

ReputationRep:
    shes worried and thats how you respond? *slimeball* ANYway, i too recommend the pharmacy pregnancy test.....in england do they make you tell your parents if you are getting an abortion? is there any possibility that it was concieved last night? you still might want to take the day after pill, i know its over the counter in europe.....

ReputationRep:
    i'd say go to doctors and get a proper one done i've took a pregnancy test from a normal chemist and it came up positive and i'm still with out child which is good, and the doctors tell you when to do the test as hormones are stronger in a morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    i'd say go to doctors and get a proper one done i've took a pregnancy test from a normal chemist and it came up positive and i'm still with out child which is good, and the doctors tell you when to do the test as hormones are stronger in a morning
    really? the chemists test came up positive but you werent pregnant? that is very interesting.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    really? the chemists test came up positive but you werent pregnant? that is very interesting.....
    yeah i was in a shopping centre's toliet i laughed my head off i knew i wasn't though it came up the same as my mate and she was pregnant at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    shes worried and thats how you respond? *slimeball* ANYway, i too recommend the pharmacy pregnancy test.....in england do they make you tell your parents if you are getting an abortion? is there any possibility that it was concieved last night? you still might want to take the day after pill, i know its over the counter in europe.....
    meerly trying to add some humor to the situation, its only a joke currie dont be too stressed, she is seeking advice from strangers which makes me a bit weiry

ReputationRep:
    Before you do anything you MUST speak to someone about it. Preferable someone like an older sister / aunt etc. Abortion may seem like the only option now but you do need to talk things through with someone first as this is a big descision that you will need to live with.

Maybe, do a pregnancy test first to see whether you are pregnant, then talk to someone before you make any choices.

ReputationRep:
    i would reccomend telling your parents AFTER your SURE......dont be like i think i might be pregnant.....because even if your not theyll know youve been having sex

ReputationRep:
    look seriously it's wise you ask people for their views to see al your options but just remember they don't know you or your life so make sure you make the desision and not them, you know whats best for you!!!! no one else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Before you do anything you MUST speak to someone about it. Preferable someone like an older sister / aunt etc. Abortion may seem like the only option now but you do need to talk things through with someone first as this is a big descision that you will need to live with.

Maybe, do a pregnancy test first to see whether you are pregnant, then talk to someone before you make any choices.
    yeah,thats really good advice. You have to talk to someone about it before taking such a huge step...you can't really go through this alone, and checking to see weather you are pregnant or not would be a good thing first.

ReputationRep:
    it depends how strong the person is, some people can confide in their parents to get them through it, and some cant cos some parents can't be understanding

ReputationRep:
    You could talk to a school counsellor they have to give confidential advice dont they?

Pharmacy pregnancy tests are normally 99% accurate. The clear blue one is at any rate.
    Do you have a local teen advisory centre you could try there for advice or ring a helpline for teens they would at least tell you your options.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone talking like abortion is the only option if she is pregnant?
    Abortion for the reason given is nothing but murder. If you're not willing to face up to your parents and accept what you've done, choosing instead to terminate what has the opportunity to become a wonderful human being, then I feel very sorry for you and all those who agree that abortion is a viable option in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    The point is that the girl didnt ask what her options were, she asked how to get a termination. Any person in such a predicament is going to be stressed and frankly will not need your moralising. We have an abortion topic here already which debates abortion, this is specific advice for a specific person. If she is pregnant when she sees her doctor she will receive counselling and a full description of all her options. We are here to provode support not a moralistic guilt trip.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.