Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perdurabo)
    Why is everyone talking like abortion is the only option if she is pregnant?
    Abortion for the reason given is nothing but murder. If you're not willing to face up to your parents and accept what you've done, choosing instead to terminate what has the opportunity to become a wonderful human being, then I feel very sorry for you and all those who agree that abortion is a viable option in this situation.
    What are you on about? You think she should have an unwanted baby? Are you out of your mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    The point is that the girl didnt ask what her options were, she asked how to get a termination. Any person in such a predicament is going to be stressed and frankly will not need your moralising. We have an abortion topic here already which debates abortion, this is specific advice for a specific person. If she is pregnant when she sees her doctor she will receive counselling and a full description of all her options. We are here to provode support not a moralistic guilt trip.
    If you'd taken the time to read what i've said properly you'll see that i suggest she speaks to her parents about the matter and account for what she's done. This situation has actually occured in my family with my sister and I can honestly say that it is normal to feel that your parents will "totally kill me" yet the reality is far dfferent. They are your parents and will still offer some support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    What are you on about? You think she should have an unwanted baby? Are you out of your mind?
    If it is unwanted then it may be offered for adoption, giving couples who have no chance of having children, the opportunity to have the child they want so dearly. Maybe the child will grow up to resent it's mother but im sure he/she will be happy in he thought that the mother did actually go through with the pregnancey rather than just killing it.

So, Dave, no i am not out of my mind. I think you should consider the child.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone talking like abortion is the only option if she is pregnant?
    Abortion for the reason given is nothing but murder.
    As I explained in my own post, people werent saying that abortion was the only option they were advising about abortion because that is what was asked.
    Many people find it impossible to discuss with their parents. I'm 23 and theres no way if I got pregnant I would tell my mum before i had made a decision because we dont have that kind of relationship. If I cant tell them at 23 I certainly wouldnt have been able to tell them at a younger age. If you read the thread you will see that people have already advised her to either talk to another family member, a school counsellor or an advice line.
    I think the last thing a person who is having a pregnancy scare needs is someone saying that they are considering murder!

ReputationRep:
    As I explained in my own post, people werent saying that abortion was the only option they were advising about abortion because that is what was asked.
    Many people find it impossible to discuss with their parents. I'm 23 and theres no way if I got pregnant I would tell my mum before i had made a decision because we dont have that kind of relationship. If I cant tell them at 23 I certainly wouldnt have been able to tell them at a younger age. If you read the thread you will see that people have already advised her to either talk to another family member, a school counsellor or an advice line.
    I think the last thing a person who is having a pregnancy scare needs is someone saying that they are considering murder!
    You can't dress it up in any other way, giving it a scientific term does nothing to hide the fact of what it really is. And im sure that when she does seek advice from a concellor they will urge her not to go through with it, as they did with my sister. It is a tough situation but hey life's a ***** and everyone has problems; you cant keep your head in th sand and hide what you've done. You really do have to face up to what has happened and deal with it humanely

ReputationRep:
    You can't dress it up in any other way, giving it a scientific term does nothing to hide the fact of what it really is. And im sure that when she does seek advice from a concellor they will urge her not to go through with it, as they did with my sister. It is a tough situation but hey life's a ***** and everyone has problems; you cant keep your head in th sand and hide what you've done. You really do have to face up to what has happened and deal with it humanely
    Thats your opinon not everyone feels that way.
    I'm just saying feel free to post in the abortion debate thread, but this thread is specifically giving someone advice who wants to know whether they can get an abortion. I think that person needs advice and this should be informed and come from counsellors, it isnt fair to put the emotional pressure of your opinion on someone.

ReputationRep:
    Thats your opinon not everyone feels that way.
    I'm just saying feel free to post in the abortion debate thread, but this thread is specifically giving someone advice who wants to know whether they can get an abortion. I think that person needs advice and this should be informed and come from counsellors, it isnt fair to put the emotional pressure of your opinion on someone.
    And you think councellors don't give opinions? Whatever she chooses to do there'll be emotional implications.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but first the counsellor will be professionally qualified, second even though every one has a personal opinion part of a counsellors professionalism is that they would not give their opinion, they would attempt to explain all the options and all sides of the coin as comprehensively as possible. This would hopefully allow the girl to make an informed decision. I've certainly never met a counsellor who would imply that someone is a murderer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but first the counsellor will be professionally qualified, second even though every one has a personal opinion part of a counsellors professionalism is that they would not give their opinion, they would attempt to explain all the options and all sides of the coin as comprehensively as possible. This would hopefully allow the girl to make an informed decision. I've certainly never met a counsellor who would imply that someone is a murderer.
    I agree but they still offer what they believe is the best route. I should know, from what happened with my sister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MellyBelly)
    well i trully hate the though of having an abortion ... but i usually get my period on the same day every month ... its late this month and i am worried ... if i am pregant then i would have to abort it cause my parents would TOTALLY KILL ME ... i am so scared ... u wouldn't believe ... i just hope my period come
    Depends how old you are.
    Not sure where your from but in London they require you to bring your guardian or next of kin with you if your under 16.
    Plus it depends how long you have been having periods.

If your that woried give it two weeks and go to a clinic and get a test.
    If you are sort it out and go on the pill.

GOOD LUCK HONEY

XXXXXXXXX

ReputationRep:
    Have you taken the bloody tests yet to find out if you're pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Have you taken the bloody tests yet to find out if you're pregnant?
    Is it just me, or with these types of threads, the writer always just starts it then leaves? Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Is it just me, or with these types of threads, the writer always just starts it then leaves? Why is that?
    Maybe she has gone to get her abortion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Maybe she has gone to get her abortion?
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    nah, you're definitely onto something there Supreme Grand Pontiff *cough* I mean whitey mate. Why do they do that exactly? Would the point of asking a question be to wait around and receive an answer? Or is this person that starved of attention that they feel the need to let us know their inner most little tales? But a pregnant female was hardly starved of attention at some point obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    like, what is your beef! i swear all you do is ****ing moan you dont do anything else but moan, i thort i moaned alot but thank god i'm not anything near like a **** like you
    You're like a child trying to get a mongoose to bite by putting your head near its mouth. Stupid on so many levels basically. If the user who posts a thread doesn't wish to stick around to read the advice, and perhaps correspond at all with anyone who replies, then what is the bloody point in posting in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You're like a child trying to get a mongoose to bite by putting your head near its mouth. Stupid on so many levels basically. If the user who posts a thread doesn't wish to stick around to read the advice, and perhaps correspond at all with anyone who replies, then what is the bloody point in posting in the first place?
    sorry i fell asleep you blabbered on for a while, how old are you let me guess around 40???

ReputationRep:
    sorry i fell asleep you blabbered on for a while, how old are you let me guess around 40???
    Righto then, now that you've established my natural superiority to you. Let us move onto details shall we? How old are ya kidd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Righto then, now that you've established my natural superiority to you. Let us move onto details shall we? How old are ya kidd?
    not as old as you i'm only 19

ReputationRep:
    not as old as you i'm only 19
    and acting like you're only 12. nicely done. Night.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.