1) Don't bother with en suite. It's not worth your money, and there are more than enough bathrooms wherever you happen to be staying.
2) The most sociable places are Astor, Arthur Tattersall, Schafer, Campbell House, Ifor Evans, and Ramsay. Never been to John Dodgeson or Max Rayne though. Ifor/Rayne are ******* miles away, and you'll have to get the bus every day, there's no way you'll be able to walk that in under 45 minutes.
3)Ramsay is supposed to be 'the party halls'. I would seriously dispute this. I'm not saying it's not lively, but it's not quite as wild as people would have you think.
4) Frances Gardner has locked floors. It will be very difficult to get to know people that aren't on your floor. On the other hand though, the facilities there are outstanding.
5) Hughes Parry is a **** hole.
6) If you stay in Intercollegiate Halls, you get 7GB of bandwidth a week. (IE, you'll struggle to even watch iPlayer, never mind download anything.)
7) Schafer is all in all, probably your best value for money after Astor College. Decent sized common room, The wardens aren't total dicks this year, only the occasional fire alarm, and BBQ pits somewhere.
8) In Astor, you share a minuscule (Not an exaggeration) kitchen with 15 other people. Good sized living space, but a seriously tiny kitchen. On the plus side, you get your own mini firdge in your room.