Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparently this year if students have any queries in relation to results they have acheived, their tutors can access edexcel databases straight away and check each individual question answered by the student and assess whether it was marked correctly, thus putting the students mind to rest.

see http://education.guardian.co.uk/alev...549578,00.html

ReputationRep:
    ABOUT BLOODY TIME EDEXCEL. Enough trouble caused by that lot

ReputationRep:
    Oh no do universities see modular marks for A-Levels then? Damn..

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo finally, at least now when they mess up (because we all know that Edexcel are not the most reliable of boards) we can actually check for ourselves!

At the moment there'd probably be more accurate results if the exams were marked by monkeys!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, I'm taking 3 subjects with Edexcel, so that's very reassuring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Thanks for that, I'm taking 3 subjects with Edexcel, so that's very reassuring!
    Same. Despite all of my criticism, someone has to mark the papers and it's better that it's a big exam board who can be scrutinised by the media rather than independent markers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellow-yellow)
    Same. Despite all of my criticism, someone has to mark the papers and it's better that it's a big exam board who can be scrutinised by the media rather than independent markers.
    Well maybe but I'd rather have OCR/AQA marking any day to be completely honest

ReputationRep:
    Haha, my cousin works for Edexcel.. hmm.. yes.

ReputationRep:
    What can you do - there's no point in worrying. Plus I'm sure the press exaggerate much of the "bad" marking that goes on.

Universities will only receive individual module results from 2006 entry onwards.

The idea of this "online" database is very good indeed, but I, and many others, are somewhat worried by the fact that for a number of subjects Edexcel started marking exam scripts online too.

ReputationRep:
    Not available for Edexcel abroad???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phillipsm)
    Universities will only receive individual module results from 2006 entry onwards.

The idea of this "online" database is very good indeed, but I, and many others, are somewhat worried by the fact that for a number of subjects Edexcel started marking exam scripts online too.
    Unis will receive individual module results :eek:

ReputationRep:
    not really AQA got my sociology module 2 AS level exam wrong by 13 UMS marks...!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellow-yellow)
    Unis will receive individual module results :eek:
    Think that comes into effect for all those applying to uni for start in 2006 (other than those who have taken gap year of course)

ReputationRep:
    I used to work with someone who marked maths papers for Edexcel...there now in jail. Lol

But if tutors can see this much detail, why can't we?

ReputationRep:
    lmao what a (kafuffle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    But if tutors can see this much detail, why can't we?
    Exactly, we deserve to see them more than the teachers. Some teachers will be too lazy to even have a look, thus wasting good technology.

ReputationRep:
    That really is revolutionary Would save a lot of time, effort and tears!

Is it for GCSEs as well?

ReputationRep:
    So if I've just done my AS levels and am applying this September, will every single university know my modular marks without my volunteering them? Wow I hope I do well...*gnaws fingernails*

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.