The Student Room Group

Including things in PS when it's written in reference..

I'm actually not doing too badly writing my PS (for History & Politics), but my current small dilemma is as follows. I've included some extra-curricular stuff, such as rowing, and some school stuff, like being a Senior Prefect etc etc. My teacher suggested I take this out because it will apparantly be included in my reference. However, I actually think it would be better to leave it in, otherwise my PS will be entirely subject-based. What does everyone think? Should I just mention extra-curricular things in a sentence or two, but not go into any depth at all?
I mentioned my extra curricular activities in the last paragraph. I'd put it in, to be honest, because what your teachers think you like to do in your spare time, and what you actually do can be different. Plus, it does help to keep your PS balanced.
I would def keep it in your PS - My teacher told me to do that because the teachers reference just confirms everything that you put down so that unis have an idea whether your telling the truth or not. So ignore your teacher and leave it in; i did it!
Reply 3
Unless you have something else you want the space for you may as well...
Reply 4
Thanks, I thought that it would be a good idea to include all of it anyway.. just wanted to check. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending