The Student Room Group
Maybe, haven't the universities already received the grades of applicants? (not sure)
Reply 2
yep. i dont beleive for a minute the unviersities only received the results last sunday because between then and thursday they have to sort through ALL the applicants,put all their data on to the computer, so that a member of staff can just look it up when a student rings and decide whether to offer them places or not. now are you telling me they can do ALL of that in a couple of days. no chance, they probably received them early last week.
Reply 3
Don't worry yourself; For you to receive that card it would need to have been sent yesterday morning (first class) or Saturday. They couldn't have known your results on Saturday and wouldn't have had enough time to process them and get slips ready for the Monday.
It would also violate some legal contract for them to tell you your results early and they have no way of knowing whether your firm will accept you even if you miss the grades.

yep. i dont beleive for a minute the unviersities only received the results last sunday because between then and thursday they have to sort through ALL the applicants,put all their data on to the computer, so that a member of staff can just look it up when a student rings and decide whether to offer them places or not. now are you telling me they can do ALL of that in a couple of days. no chance, they probably received them early last week.

They definitely receive them on the Sunday. It's not hard for them to download data onto the computer (UCAS will send it electronically and the file size of text is small).
Reply 4
i just phoned my friend as well though and he rang his 1st choice uni when he didnt get the grades, he is going into his final year btw now! and they said to him in these exact words 'right we have made a decision, we have had the results for 12 days now and have decided to offer you a place!'. he rang on results day! so i dont believe for a minute results were only recieved at the uni's last sunday for that reason and also for the reasons in my previous post!. i think they just said sunday so nobody would actually start panacking on the right day!
Reply 5
Gaz031
Don't worry yourself; For you to receive that card it would need to have been sent yesterday morning (first class) or Saturday. They couldn't have known your results on Saturday and wouldn't have had enough time to process them and get slips ready for the Monday.
It would also violate some legal contract for them to tell you your results early and they have no way of knowing whether your firm will accept you even if you miss the grades.

They definitely receive them on the Sunday. It's not hard for them to download data onto the computer (UCAS will send it electronically and the file size of text is small).

yeh ok that will take a day and then they have to go through ALL their applicants and decide whether to offer places or not. that takes time!
Reply 6
SPENCER24
yeh ok that will take a day and then they have to go through ALL their applicants and decide whether to offer places or not. that takes time!

It won't take a day to download text information into a database or spreadsheet.
They don't have to decide for everyone whether to offer places or not; if you've made the offer then you have a place for definite.
Reply 7
Unis get severely told off if they tell students their results/whether they've got in before the 18th. Therefore, they don't do it. They will send out a standard letter to anyone they send it to. Any ltter you receive is not an indication of how you did.

Latest