Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi

i have got my first uni interview at greenwich in a few weeks and im really worried.I am taking a midwifery degree, and they also want me to write an essay, so thats going to be fun!

i just wanted to know whether you people who have had interviews prepared in any way

sarah x x x

ReputationRep:
    I would just prepare for the obvious questions like 'why do you want to be a midwife?' and anything else you think is obvious as it takes the pressure off to have the 'easy ones' sorted. They can't expect you to know in detail about midwifery but to have an idea of what it entails. The questions may therefore be centred around subjects you do at school or moral/ethical questions.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    hi

i have got my first uni interview at greenwich in a few weeks and im really worried.I am taking a midwifery degree, and they also want me to write an essay, so thats going to be fun!

i just wanted to know whether you people who have had interviews prepared in any way

sarah x x x
    What is midwifery??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    hi

sarah x x x
    When i went for my interview for law...i prepared by reading as much around the subject as possible. So for you, as well as thinking of good answers to the basic "why midwifery?" questions, i'd suggest reading as much on the subject as you can. Unfortunately, i don't really know if there are journals you could read on the subject?? The best thing though is to make it clear in the interview that they can tell how much you really want to do the course.

Hope it goes well...

G

ReputationRep:
    thankyou, i will let you all know how i get on

akk-midwifery is someone who delivers babies

x x x

ReputationRep:
    I envy you; I could never spend a lifetime doing that.

ReputationRep:
    why could you never do that?

dont go putting me off lol!

x x x

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above - read around the subject as much as possible, esp. troublesome births, they may try and ask you what you'd do in a particular situattion.
    Also, make yourself look as commited to the subject as possible. Midwifery is a subject no-one chooses to do half-heartedly and therefore all the applicants will be dedicated. Try to give yourself an edge. Before my philosophy interview at Cam i joined the Royal institute of philosophy. Just little things like that to set you apart from the crowd. In a good way though of course - lol, don't attend in nothing but sexy lingerie - it'll certainly set you apart but your chances of acceptance will be lowered! Unless of course they fancy you. Oh! i started off well, but this last bit of advice isn't much cop!

Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    lol, not thanx, it was useful, hmm might even go and get some new lingerie lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.