How important is GCSE Citizenship?

Watch
InadequateJusticex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I really don't like the subject. I'm thinking of just failing it (or just get a C). It's compulsory, but it's only half a GCSE. Do universities even look at the grade you get for that? I mean, you can't even take full course Citizenship if you wanted to...
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not important but A grades never hurt you - do the best you can
nuodai
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
As it's a short-course it doesn't really matter much if you do well in your others. It's worth doing well in though because it's one of the few GCSEs that's actually directly useful in the real world :p: But from an employment/getting into sixth forms/unis perspective it doesn't really matter.
InadequateJusticex
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrmondDrone)
It's not important but A grades never hurt you - do the best you can
I would, but for the coursework section (which is 60% of the final grade), we have to design 40 questionnaires and get them filled out. I got put in a lazy group: The questionnaires are due on friday (they also need to be filled in) but we haven't even made the questionnaire yet! The subject is a load of crap, to be honest.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dont think i even took it.

and generally universities don't put that much importance on gcse's let alone silly ones like that
tkwan196
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most important it is definately somewhere in the negative region
Nouvelle vague
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's more likely to be on par with general studies i.e. completely pointless

You can get an A just using common sense and an opinion. No revision required really - just be aware of the news?
Nouvelle vague
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by InadequateJusticex)
I would, but for the coursework section (which is 60% of the final grade), we have to design 40 questionnaires and get them filled out. I got put in a lazy group: The questionnaires are due on friday (they also need to be filled in) but we haven't even made the questionnaire yet! The subject is a load of crap, to be honest.
ha just make the result up. no one will care.
TwirlGirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not at all important...but then not many GCSEs are tbh. I had to do it. It was dire and very very dull!
InadequateJusticex
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nouvelle vague)
ha just make the result up. no one will care.
I really can't be bothered to print out the questionnaires...
jelementality
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok it is really not important and they should not make it compulsory. But we are stuck with it lol and you should strive to do your best no matter how relevant it is so revise and do well in your coursework.
jelementality
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nuodai)
As it's a short-course it doesn't really matter much if you do well in your others. It's worth doing well in though because it's one of the few GCSEs that's actually directly useful in the real world :p: But from an employment/getting into sixth forms/unis perspective it doesn't really matter.
yes it is worth doing well in but i think it does matter with regard to university cuz i you fail it it will depreciate your ucas form but i think it is pointless.
starsdream2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It is the most easy A* you can ever get.
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't even know you could do a GCSE in Citizenship.
DJ AgnieszkaA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
GCSE citizenship?
you will feel its effects for the rest of your life.
if you dont get an A unis will think - hey, this guy isnt a good citizen, hes definitely on the reject pile.
('',)
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nobody likes is, it's one of the most soul destroying lessons right up there with ICT and French, but it is a very easy A/A*.
OhNoSophO
Report 10 years ago
At my school everyone does it except the Triple Sciencers - including me. Personally I'd rather have an extra science GCSE than a half GCSE citizenship qualification.
InadequateJusticex
Rep:
?
(Original post by ('',))
Nobody likes is, it's one of the most soul destroying lessons right up there with ICT and French, but it is a very easy A/A*.
Nooo ICT is fun! Well, that's my opinion anyway. I'm just naturally good with computers.
OnlyAFallenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have joined a group and they told me they all want to fail! Well, thats my extra gcse down the toilet! All we had to do was make a presentation and contact someone but my pathetic group couldnt even manage that. Im yonna kick my own arse for this at the end. Im in year 10 and i only have a C in humanities so far but im waiting for my results a few days away. If you get about 50%, what grade does that equal to?
Mr Longbottom
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When i applied to 6th form. They didn't even look at it. You can BS your way through the whole exam. I did the whole coursework in 2 hours and i got 45 out of 50. and the exam is a pieace of piss. Give it a go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise