This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
I dunno. I'm very shy being around people I hardly talk to though, especially girls.
thats a shame.....people have more friends if they are not shy
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Yeah, so are you shy?
Umm,

Sometimes. Like I don't compliment people that much, I think I feel that if I was complimented loads by someone I'd get paranoid, and if they're paranoid or shy they might get freaked out by loads of compliments. I'm more confident talking online to people I don't know than in person.

I'm not that confident though, like I've never asked anyone out.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Umm,

Sometimes. Like I don't compliment people that much, I think I feel that if I was complimented loads by someone I'd get paranoid, and if they're paranoid or shy they might get freaked out by loads of compliments. I'm more confident talking online to people I don't know than in person.

I'm not that confident though, like I've never asked anyone out.
Yeah, it's easier online because you don't see their expression and you can take your time to reply.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm sometimes a bit shy with girls, I guess, after a while I have nothing to talk about it depends how much we have in common. I got much more confident this year thanks to girls being so nice to me when I help them with their homework, but that's the only reason some of them are so nice to me I bet.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
I'm sometimes a bit shy with girls, I guess, after a while I have nothing to talk about it depends how much we have in common. I got much more confident this year thanks to girls being so nice to me when I help them with their homework, but that's the only reason some of them are so nice to me I bet.
You shouldn't let them take advantage of you and do their homework. I think that you're being used. I'd stop if I were you.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, it's easier online because you don't see their expression and you can take your time to reply.
The good thing about talking in person is you have their full attention. Girls are always talking to someone else online. Attention makes me feel special, and when I have it it makes me feel a lot better, like when I'm on webcam (heyyy, I get an odd feeling that I've typed this before in a very similar situation).
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
thats a shame.....people have more friends if they are not shy
Nah, I have enough friends It's just girls that's all.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You shouldn't let them take advantage of you and do their homework. I think that you're being used. I'd stop if I were you.
maybe its their to tell him they like him! something to think about*
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ah, I'd help you with your homework because I like you and you like me without having to be using each other. Yes, I love to be helpful, but if I wasn't I'd only have about 2 friends that are girls.

Like there's this girl I help with her DT coursework. Strangely, I only feel she's giving me a lot of attention in DT lessons to, umm, remind me of how much I want to help her.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What do you mean? You're making even less sense than me, lol.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Ah, I'd help you with your homework because I like you and you like me without having to be using each other. Yes, I love to be helpful, but if I wasn't I'd only have about 2 friends that are girls.

Like there's this girl I help with her DT coursework. Strangely, I only feel she's giving me a lot of attention in DT lessons to, umm, remind me of how much I want to help her.
Well if they're only your friend to have help with their homework then they're not proper friends anyway.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
I don't think so lol. They sound, to me, like the regular *****y girls.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well if they're only your friend to have help with their homework then they're not proper friends anyway.
Sure.

Nah, I don't help them with their homework that much... but they're always especially nice and "love" me when I do...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Sure.

Nah, I don't help them with their homework that much... but they're always especially nice and "love" me when I do...
Well they only love you because you help them...with me, I like people to love me because I'm me, not because I do this and that for them.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well they only love you because you help them...with me, I like people to love me because I'm me, not because I do this and that for them.
Good point. Well if they actually like me it might seem like I'm chucking them out for no reason, it's not as if I actually do their work for them. Remember, you're paranoid which is why you're saying this stuff. And I'm paranoid so I believe you.

Maybe the whole reason why anybody likes me is some huge conspiracy to get as close to me as possible and then do something nasty...
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Good point. Well if they actually like me it might seem like I'm chucking them out for no reason, it's not as if I actually do their work for them. Remember, you're paranoid which is why you're saying this stuff. And I'm paranoid so I believe you.

Maybe the whole reason why anybody likes me is some huge conspiracy to get as close to me as possible and then do something nasty...
Lol, but I don't like to feel as if I'm being used. Like if someone was only my friend because I help them with their homework, and then one day I decided not to help them and they don't speak to me again. That's what I don't like, and I think you're in that position.

That's just me really though, I don't like being used and like people to like me anyway...
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol, but I don't like to feel as if I'm being used. Like if someone was only my friend because I help them with their homework, and then one day I decided not to help them and they don't speak to me again. That's what I don't like, and I think you're in that position.

That's just me really though, I don't like being used and like people to like me anyway...
I totally agree with you! I might do that, but I don't want to end up like some people I know who are hated by the girls because they're always nasty to them.

Thanks Gemsy.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
I totally agree with you! I might do that, but I don't want to end up like some people I know who are hated by the girls because they're always nasty to them.

Thanks Gemsy.
No problem Just give it a try, that's what I'd do, I'm a very curious and suspicious person anyway...

I see a mod, edders, changing the name of my title! Doh! I liked that name!!! Put it back Edmund, please!
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im not a shy person, although i fluctuate between being 'normal' and 'extroverted' depending on my mood, when im out with friends
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Aww cheers Edders!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (167)
71.06%
No I haven't decided yet (40)
17.02%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
11.91%

Watched Threads