Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    No problem Just give it a try, that's what I'd do, I'm a very curious and suspicious person anyway...

I see a mod, edders, changing the name of my title! Doh! I liked that name!!! Put it back Edmund, please!
    Curious and suspicious? Im' like that. Do you think I'm always asking questions when I talk to you? I don't see how some people expect to be able to talk to people without knowing a thing about the person they're talking to.

Just thought I'd mention I typed you with Eric (I used his real name) into the Love Calculator and you got 62%. Sorry, I just had to.

(Original post by edders)
    im not a shy person, although i fluctuate between being 'normal' and 'extroverted' depending on my mood, when im out with friends
    I sometimes try and classify myself as being either introverted and extroverted, but I just can't! I'm going to find a personality test if I can, there's a good one somewhere that gives your type a name and plots your position on a graph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Curious and suspicious? Im' like that. Do you think I'm always asking questions when I talk to you? I don't see how some people expect to be able to talk to people without knowing a thing about the person they're talking to.

Just thought I'd mention I typed you with Eric (I used his real name) into the Love Calculator and you got 62%. Sorry, I just had to.
    Yeah, you ask a lot of questions. It's only natural. I like asking questions, I like knowing new things about new people, interesting.

Oh, you didn't did you? Well at least it was only 62%.

ReputationRep:
    I am quite shy, but for some reason more around girls than around boys (I am a girl) I find that girls are more likely to judge you from first impressions, and boys are easier to just laugh and joke around with. But I agree it is far far easier on the internet, but I still get worried, like posting on this forum (have been looking at it for agggess but have hardly ever posted!) Once people get to know me though, i just dont stop talking and joking around!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    I am quite shy, but for some reason more around girls than around boys (I am a girl) I find that girls are more likely to judge you from first impressions, and boys are easier to just laugh and joke around with. But I agree it is far far easier on the internet, but I still get worried, like posting on this forum (have been looking at it for agggess but have hardly ever posted!) Once people get to know me though, i just dont stop talking and joking around!!!
    Yeah, well there's no need to be shy on this forum, we are all friends..lol.

ReputationRep:
    i talk loads around people am comfortable with but clam up with people i dont know

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the low-key hostility my presence seems to generate. It's much more fun.

ReputationRep:
    i'm very shy and sometimes the people around me find me cold and ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    i'm very shy and sometimes the people around me find me cold and ignorant.
    But don't you feel uncomfortable at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    But don't you feel uncomfortable at the same time?
    sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Yayyyy!

I certainly wish I was more confident in real life though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yayyyy!

I certainly wish I was more confident in real life though.
    Oh, me too!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, me too!
    Yeah, not wanting to speak to me on voice chat, lol. I got a single word out of you.

And I just remembered...

1000!

Isn't that just great. It looks like poor Gemsy isn't going to achieve her target but that's OK you can be happy for me now .

And I was only planning on 700-800 by tonight...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not wanting to speak to me on voice chat, lol. I got a single word out of you.

And I just remembered...

1000!

Isn't that just great. It looks like poor Gemsy isn't going to achieve her target but that's OK you can be happy for me now .

And I was only planning on 700-800 by tonight...
    Congrats, I still plan on achieving my target...without spam!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, I still plan on achieving my target...without spam!!!
    Well you better be on here till midnight then, lol.

I don't think even master spammers like Eric could manage that with spam.

ReputationRep:
    I am getting more confident since I started University. They make you do things like presentations which really helps. I don't think twice about doing that kind of stuff now. However when it comes to talking to girls I am still very shy especialy if I fancy them I if she says hiya I will just mutter somthing vaguely like Hiya back.

I have improved a lot though and I am not quite that bad anymore. I am still too shy though and probably make a right **** of myself at times.

ReputationRep:
    Well you better be on here till midnight then, lol.

I don't think even master spammers like Eric could manage that with spam.
    Well I'm going out at 7! :eek: Even less time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am getting more confident since I started University. They make you do things like presentations which really helps. I don't think twice about doing that kind of stuff now. However when it comes to talking to girls I am still very shy especialy if I fancy them I if she says hiya I will just mutter somthing vaguely like Hiya back.

I have improved a lot though and I am not quite that bad anymore. I am still too shy though and probably make a right **** of myself at times.
    I dread speaking in front of large audiences! I hate it, I get so nervous and not only that but my friends try and make me laugh lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)

I know how easily some girls (especially some of the more intelligent ones that I know) can tell if you fancy them, so I try and act just normal, like I would with any other girl.

ReputationRep:
    I know how easily some girls (especially some of the more intelligent ones that I know) can tell if you fancy them, so I try and act just normal, like I would with any other girl.
    I think you can tell if a boy fancies you by how they speak. If they're nervous and stutter then there's a chance of then liking you...

ReputationRep:
    I dread speaking in front of large audiences! I hate it, I get so nervous and not only that but my friends try and make me laugh lol.
    Same I guess.. I get a bit nervous but luckily I manage it...

Like when we are testing the mic for assembly at school, if I go up, even if I'm in front of an empty hall I'll be stuck for something to say and the guy trying to adjust it at the back will be like "Fish, say something!"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.