The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think it's mainly en who have a problem with it...
RichardG
Even if it was a goth/punk/kid thing it still doesnt make it right, however in my neck of the woods most goths/punks/ska kids get a pounding most friday / saturday nights.

that makes you sound like a chav...which is never a good thing
Reply 62
Men kissing makes me feel uneasy...
black_mamba
Yeah but you don't see goth kids/punks/eccentrics getting spat on for looking different? Not anymore anyway.

well no...nowadays you just have not to be a chav to have the crap beaten out of you. i've see that first hand and it was a very unpleasent experieince

i know peopel say society has vhange but this world is stilll as homophobic as ever, espescially in the bible belt..
you just have not to be a chav to have the crap beaten out of you.

Finding it hard to understand that sentance.

Even if it was a goth/punk/kid thing it still doesnt make it right

Nor this either, make it right to what?

Confused.
Reply 65
black_mamba
Yeah but you don't see goth kids/punks/eccentrics getting spat on for looking different? Not anymore anyway.

Unfortunately that is a very naive attitude, and there is a still a huge amount of bullying of anyone who looks "different".
Reply 66
holding hands - no probs

kissing... if its OTT then its get a room time, but thats for anyone! Same as other people have said, time and a place for some things. Just a quick kiss, nowt wrong with that :smile:
Unfortunately that is a very naive attitude, and there is a still a huge amount of bullying of anyone who looks "different".

Bullying yes. But I did not mention bullying. I was referring to physical assault, esp from complete strangers on the street.

What is naive about what I said? Some open mindedness does exist, I'd like to think that I'm not going to get shouted at on the street for wearing a weird outfit, thats caveman material.
black_mamba
Bullying yes. But I did not mention bullying. I was referring to physical assault, esp from complete strangers on the street.

What is naive about what I said? Some open mindedness does exist, I'd like to think that I'm not going to get shouted at on the street for wearing a weird outfit, thats caveman material.

thats what i was trying to say

Chavs in particular will happily victimise anyone who looks different from their breed of sub-human. Especially those who choose to dress/look alternative, or who are openly gay in public
i'm quite nosy and just interested in watching ppl, u know one of those ppl who likes watching the world go by (i don't mean that in a pervey way btw!!), but i get told off by my boyf for staring...
anyway...i'd probably be mildly interested, holding hands, more so if they were kissing, it's just cos it's not something that u see everyday, even on tv, it's still pretty taboo and everyone pretends its not a big thing, but then why are they spending time talking about how it's not a big thing if its not?
xxxxx
Chavs in particular will happily victimise anyone who looks different from their breed of sub-human. Especially those who choose to dress/look alternative, or who are openly gay in public

Maybe if they have taken it to an extreme in dress sense or behaviour.
Sometimes I wonder if these people do it purely for the reactions.

What I was doing was merely holding hands. Ok, come to think of it, young chavvy kids with nothing better to do whan provoke adults. No wonder.... :rolleyes:
Reply 71
the kissing would bother me. but not cause it is between two guys i don't like it because i never know where to look. i know it is a bit stupid but i can't help feeling uncomfortable when a couple is kissing next to me.
not fussed.
Im gay - and it'd still catch my attention more than a straight couple...

Plus - like lessthanthree - I'd probably perv without knowing it!! :p:
Reply 74
i would smile. the day i see this kind of thing on the street i will feel happy that society has matured enough to focus on more important issues. i would probably react in the same way i would any random couple kissing, depeding on the type of kissing. lol
Reply 75
I would feel indescribably jealous, because *everyone* has a boyfriend apart from me.

No, seriously, I hate seeing people (any sort of people) swapping spit in the street, and the main plus-point for old people is that they don't. But holding hands, hugging, pecking etc, that's cute. Although, it does mean they have someone to love and I don't. Balls.

Either that, or I'd perv. Not at two women kissing, but at two blokes. If they were good looking, otherwise I'd go back to my marie clare. Because I'm disgusting, yes.
Reply 76
Holding hands and a small kiss wouldn't bother me - but I feel very uncomfortable when I see straight couples snogging in public, so I would imagine that I'd feel the same if it was a gay couple.
Reply 77
black_mamba

and i think that's naive, because i unfortunately know more than few people
who have been shouted at and some physically assaulted for what they were wearing.

I agree it's prehistoric behaviour, but unfortunately some people seem to still be in that era with their attitudes.
red_roadkill
I was just reading on another forum I came across [a gay forum] what peoples attitudes/thoughts would be to the following:

Say you see two men holding hands, walking down the street, just like a straight couple would, but obviously it's two men.

Also, you see two men kiss on a train.

How would you react? Would you stare/tut/scoff/go bright red/feel uncomfortable?

I am very interested to what people think.

I'd stare and drool, if they were cute :biggrin:

Seriously, I don't have a problem with people kissing/holding hands in the street, be they gay, straight, or miscellaneous- just as long as they're not eating each other's faces, because that's just ew. I have to say, seeing straight people kiss makes me a little uneasy, but then that's because I'm a filthy deviant, bent on destroying society from within like a limp-wristed rotovirus.

BE AFRAID!

BE VERY AFRAID!
allisandro
and i think that's naive, because i unfortunately know more than few people
who have been shouted at and some physically assaulted for what they were wearing.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word naive. I'm not naive by having not experienced your particular lifestyle - I doubt its an integral part of world experience to realise that people may get attacked for wearing an odd tshirt, thats pushing it. Sorry to nit pick, but I don't like being called something I'm not.

Anyway, I'm shocked, what items of clothing could possibly push some stranger to physically attack them?

Latest

Trending

Trending