Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (hopefully second time round I'll do this properly :p: )
    I think it's time for a good old ***** So come on: What is it that other people wear that makes you want to call the style police?

My recent pet hates are:

The over 40s dressing like Sienna Miller.. surely at a certain age you have to go for timeless style rather than fashion? I saw a woman at the bus stop wearing a long flowing skirt, and her son was almost tripping over it!

Fashion victims; the kind that think that if you wear a waistcoat and shorts like Kate Moss, you instantly become as stylish.

Women who wear the wrong size bra and it shows. Surely when you're wearing a tight top and it looks like you have six boobs, it's time to get measured?

Now your turn.. ***** away
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I hate people who wear those off the shoulder tops with bra straps showing! Actually, I just hate bra straps showing.

And recently, I saw someone wearing half a jumper. They had one arm in the sleeve, and the other side was all bunched up on top of their shoulder. Why?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Women who wear the wrong size bra and it shows. Surely when you're wearing a tight top and it looks like you have six boobs, it's time to get measured?
    OMG OMG OMG I know exactly what you mean.

Remember the velour trend? When obese people wore velour pants especially when they wore white velour pants... and the cellulite was visible. Practically everyone has it including me but whyyyyyyyy have it out there for us to seeeeeeeeeeee???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I hate people who wear those off the shoulder tops with bra straps showing! Actually, I just hate bra straps showing.

And recently, I saw someone wearing half a jumper. They had one arm in the sleeve, and the other side was all bunched up on top of their shoulder. Why?!
    *sigh* what ideas of fashion does to people....

ReputationRep:
    I HATE the boots over your jeans thing. And I think the longer your boots are, the stupider it looks!

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand it when girls have like the top of their thongs or whatever on show. I mean okay if you don't realise it but when they have it showing on purpose, its like okay so are you a hooker or something, sorry if you have yours on show - just my opinon. Another thing is when people get overly dressed up to go say like just go shopping, what is the deal? They look like they are going off clubbing, at 10:00 in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    3/4 length trousers. Specifically in a light man made fabric, generally beige or khaki, with elastic and toggles. *shudder*

Not cropped tight fitting trousers/shorts that come above the knee.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I am completely in agreement here. I remember I was at London Zoo with my boyfriend, and I was wearing a strappy dress with a cardigan over it. The sun came out unexpectedly so I had to go through a complicated process of hiding the straps and adjusting my dress using some badges he had so my bra straps wouldn't show!!

And urgh I hated those velour monstrosities as well. I don't see how ANYONE thought them appropriate to wear outside of their own homes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainy_skye)
    I can't stand it when girls have like the top of their thongs or whatever on show. I mean okay if you don't realise it but when they have it showing on purpose, its like okay so are you a hooker or something, sorry if you have yours on show - just my opinon.
    Oh I agree! I detest the super low rise jean/thong+builder's bum look. Put it away, ladies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Oh I agree! I detest the super low rise jean/thong+builder's bum look. Put it away, ladies!
    Say no to crack
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Frances)
    I HATE the boots over your jeans thing. And I think the longer your boots are, the stupider it looks!
    :ditto:

I forgot about that, but I think it looks stupid!

ReputationRep:
    White socks for anything other than sports where you have to dress in white (ie. tennis, fencing....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blissy)
    Say no to crack
    :ditto: - words of a genius

I REALLY hate those pristine white nike air trainers with tight denim cropped trousers, IT'S JUST WRONG!!!

Also, another pet hate is people who wear normal bras (with straps) with halter neck tops.

ReputationRep:
    Spawn of the devil!!!

ReputationRep:
    i can't stand cheap black bootleg trousers, the kind that people wear to school. i don't mean normal black cotton trousers, or black jeans, i mean the crappy tacky ones - i don't know what they are made of, but it's definitely a synthetic material. the simple fact is that nobody suits them - people either get the baggy-arsed look or the droopy-legged look, or the all-over-tight-and-slightly-chavvy look. what's more, they don't really go with anything except school uniforms or black shirts (i.e some kind of work uniform), but many people insist on wearing them with all sorts of different colours, as they would a pair of jeans. i see them and i can't help but think, "ugh."

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when girls wear trousers and skirts which are obviously too small and they have overhang at the sides and at the front, especially if they're wearing a crop top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Spawn of the devil!!!
    The worst ones is where there are toggles and tight elastic at the bottom too *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    i can't stand cheap black bootleg trousers, the kind that people wear to school. i don't mean normal black cotton trousers, or black jeans, i mean the crappy tacky ones - i don't know what they are made of, but it's definitely a synthetic material. the simple fact is that nobody suits them - people either get the baggy-arsed look or the droopy-legged look, or the all-over-tight-and-slightly-chavvy look. what's more, they don't really go with anything except school uniforms or black shirts (i.e some kind of work uniform), but many people insist on wearing them with all sorts of different colours, as they would a pair of jeans. i see them and i can't help but think, "ugh."
    I agree! Black trousers for casual wear are really out dated now..

(Original post by twiga)
    I hate it when girls wear trousers and skirts which are obviously too small and they have overhang at the sides and at the front, especially if they're wearing a crop top.
    Oh yeah!! That's another one of my huge pet hates. Exposed flab is never attractive, and it's even more annoying when you can just see that the item of clothing would look fine if it was a size bigger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    No, that's hot actually

ReputationRep:
    Another thing that annoyed me at Glastonbury was seeing bikini tops everywhere! There were so many girls in them that it became SUCH a repetitive and monotonous look- especially on the days when we were squelching in mud. I'm really not keen on the whole "flaunt your flesh" look- I am firmly of the style school which dictates that you should only reveal one asset at a time, or only show hints of several things, rather than everything at once a la Jodie Marsh!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.