Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since my results are delayed, do you think I should go up to my school on the morning of the 18th and demand them from the school? I mean surely its my right to know what they are, regardless of when its convinient for the school to give them out?

What do you think? Worth a try? Will they do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Since my results are delayed, do you think I should go up to my school on the morning of the 18th and demand them from the school? I mean surely its my right to know what they are, regardless of when its convinient for the school to give them out?

What do you think? Worth a try? Will they do it?
    It's worth a try but I'm not sure whether they'll give them to you.

ReputationRep:
    ...why are they delayed????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    ...why are they delayed????
    school too lazy to open on both days so will only release them with the GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Since my results are delayed, do you think I should go up to my school on the morning of the 18th and demand them from the school?
    How come your results are delayed? Are you waiting for A2 results? Have your school already told you they will be delayed for the 18th?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious.

ReputationRep:
    The school will probably be closed on that day so theres no point in you going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkiwrensh)
    How come your results are delayed? Are you waiting for A2 results? Have your school already told you they will be delayed for the 18th?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious.
    No I'm waiting for AS results.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. That is awful!!!

Surely they cant do that - what about if you need to know UMS scores and grades to ring unis and suff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    The school will probably be closed on that day so theres no point in you going.
    Well there seems to be a secretary there on the phone every day so I don't know. Plus not everyone in my class has been told about it, and I only live 3 - 5 mins away so...

ReputationRep:
    So is this the same for the A2 people? Will they only recieve them on the 25th?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. That is awful!!!

Surely they cant do that - what about if you need to know UMS scores and grades to ring unis and suff!
    Erm, it's not a college.

ReputationRep:
    Your the year 11 student aren't you that did an AS early?
    Theres no harm trying to go down and asking for them, but I thought you said in a different thread that your school doesn't have a sixth form attached and that it will only be those in minority in yr 11 who did an AS early and they were giving them out on GCSE results day? If this is the case by all means go down on Thursday but by the sounds of it there wont be anyone in the school to give you your results out.

ReputationRep:
    So is this the same for the A2 people? Will they only recieve them on the 25th?
    Again, I am at a school, not a college. I took early AS levels.

ReputationRep:
    Well there seems to be a secretary there on the phone every day so I don't know. Plus not everyone in my class has been told about it, and I only live 3 - 5 mins away so...
    If it's only 3-5 mins away you might aswell see whether you can bully the secretary into giving them to you

ReputationRep:
    Thats appualing! Of course you should. You should first phone them and then if they dont respond, just demand them upfront. Its your right to know.

Just becuase you did two sets of exams, you can be ignored like that. There may not be anyone in the school to hand the results to you personally, but by law, you deserve to find out your results. So, try using all communication channels, phone, email etc. There has to be someone in school with access to them.

An AS Level is still an AS Level!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. That is awful!!!

He's waiting for AS grades, not A2. And there's really no point you going in and trying to demand your results on Thursday. If there were going to be people there they would be giving you your results anyway. Your just gonna have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think I'm gonna try anyway. There may be some people there.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've just misunderstood everything about this thread.

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Again, I am at a school, not a college. I took early AS levels.
    Schools do A Levels too, not just colleges!

ReputationRep:
    Which AS levels did you do HearThunder?

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.