The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
HTT - go for it. The worst your school can say is no, and since you live so close, it wouldnt be the most pointless journey in the world :smile: I think its mighty silly for your school to delay your results for a week, why should you be punished for your school's laziness - 99.9% of schools will give AS results this Thursday as they should...

what has this world come to? :rolleyes:
Does your school have a sixth-form? If so, then the school should be open on the 18th as A2 students will most definitely be needing their results.

If this is the case then they must have insisted on delaying AS results for those that sat early - maybe because the teachers feel it is more important that they are available to assist the A2 students on this day and the GCSEs as scheduled for the following week.

If your school does not have a sixth-form then I doubt it will be open for results on Thursday.

Good-luck to you all!
Reply 22
If you want your results that badly you might as well try
Sure, give it a go. I don't know how likely they are to tell you, or even if anyone will be there, but if all you've got to lose is a 10 minute walk there and back, you might as well try.
Reply 24
To be honest, I don't see the point. It's hardly like anything hugely important is riding on your results, you have two years to make up for anything that goes wrong. If they don't want to come into school to sort out results, then let them not. It's crap, but if there's only a couple of you I can understand why they didn't.
I think I'll go in then.
I should probably update you, I got my results at about 9:30am on the 18th, so it WAS worth it :biggrin:

Latest