Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if i'm alone by been against it??

ReputationRep:
    Which animals are we talking about here, dogs and cats or other animals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Which animals are we talking about here, dogs and cats or other animals?
    any animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    any animals
    Well i think the only animals that should be kept as pets are dogs and cats. I don't personally agree with pets. Dogs which are a danger to people eg. Princess Anne or (whatever her name is) should have her dog put down as it is a danger to people; as dogs are generally around people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Well i think the only animals that should be kept as pets are dogs and cats. I don't personally agree with pets. Dogs which are a danger to people eg. Princess Anne or (whatever her name is) should have her dog put down as it is a danger to people; as dogs are generally around people.
    i dont agree with it as people attack other people but we dont put them down as they are a danger to society, if we are suppose to be gods creatures (i dont believe in him personally) should we play god on his so call creations

ReputationRep:
    People are slightly different to animals. In america they do "put down" people who attack others (although the victim is usually killed). Your point about God, that's one of the reasons why i don't believe in capital punishment. But we're talking about animals and putting them down here.

ReputationRep:
    If an animal is in severe pain, it should be put down. If it is dangerous, it should be put down for the safety of other people and animals: you have to do something and sending them to an 'animal prison' which would be the only alternative, is hardly going to work: the animal will not understand why it is there, it would be expensive and it would be cruel. Sometimes I think animals need to be put down: it's not nice, but necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    If an animal is in severe pain, it should be put down. If it is dangerous, it should be put down for the safety of other people and animals: you have to do something and sending them to an 'animal prison' which would be the only alternative, is hardly going to work: the animal will not understand why it is there, it would be expensive and it would be cruel. Sometimes I think animals need to be put down: it's not nice, but necessary.
    i think some animals can be quite clever, and people ashume they are not cos they are not humans, no a animal prison is abit nasty and it would not understand as us humans do.
    i feel sorry for the horses bless them humans ride them put them at risk and if they have an injury its put down cos they are usless to us its heartbreaking that people see it that way

ReputationRep:
    I cant see doggie prison as being a very practical idea can you?

ReputationRep:
    Animals who are terminally ill should be put down. Those which are suffering and dont have a chance of recovery. As it should be the same with humans. However animals should not be put down for hurting people.

ReputationRep:
    what should they do with them instead then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    what should they do with them instead then?

nothing we shouldn't even decided when they die thats murder to choose when something dies

ReputationRep:
    Animals who hurt are normally provoked as humans are i dont see poelpe deciding to kill whoever cos they beat someone up.
    Its not as if dogs can punch though can they all they can do is bite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy_ponder)
    Animals who hurt are normally provoked as humans are i dont see poelpe deciding to kill whoever cos they beat someone up.
    Its not as if dogs can punch though can they all they can do is bite!
    *claps* well said maaaatteee awwww

ReputationRep:
    i agree to an extent. it depends why ur puttin them down. if they are ill or dying and ur puttin them out of their misery.. i dont agree with just killin with animals f they're in the way or to use them for coats etc.
    my dog was put down but he was 17 yrs old and had arthritis and could hardly walk. we thought that was the best plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    i agree to an extent. it depends why ur puttin them down. if they are ill or dying and ur puttin them out of their misery.. i dont agree with just killin with animals f they're in the way or to use them for coats etc.
    my dog was put down but he was 17 yrs old and had arthritis and could hardly walk. we thought that was the best plan.
    yeah i agree if they are in alot of pain, its the same as humans if they are ill in pain i think i should be able to choose

ReputationRep:
    AWWWW YER THanks FELLA (to xAngelx)
    Moochy old dogs who are in pain should get put down definately but thats just kinda **** cos they dont let humans who are really ill and dying be put to sleep or what eva u wanna call it. Does any one think they should let you if you want to?? With restrictions!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i agree that it shud be the same for humans in the same circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Its known that dogs dont have the same cognitions we do and act on their instincts more. In the case with 'Dotty', Princess Anne's dog, you get breeds that show their instincts more through aggressive behaviour. Some people see this in othe breeds such as Jack Russels sometimes being snappy etc. The thing is people know that they are doing wrong when they commit the offence and it is not possible to know whether animals do to. Even though we may punish the animal for its wrong doing - in cases where people are at risk, it is not something which can be relied upon not happening again. How would you feel if you were maimed or attacked by a dog and then had that for the rest of your life and also with a fear of dogs? As it stands there is policy that an animal who attacks may be spared, but should it happen again, we have no other decision to make other than it is a threat to people and other animals. It is no fun for anyone concerned - be it owner(who is unable to control the dog), victim (who could be seriously injured) or veterinary surgeon(who must act for the sake of the animal and others).

ReputationRep:
    SO a dog that attacks a child in the street for no reason causing her severe facial scarring (this happened to a friend of mine as a child) should be allowed to do this to another child in the future?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.