Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy_ponder)
    AWWWW YER THanks FELLA (to xAngelx)
    Moochy old dogs who are in pain should get put down definately but thats just kinda **** cos they dont let humans who are really ill and dying be put to sleep or what eva u wanna call it. Does any one think they should let you if you want to?? With restrictions!!!

oh defently like with cancer some cancers you cant cure it and they give you this treatment just to extend your life i know i would take any chance to survive, but if there was no hope in the end i would like to pass away with out the suffering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    yeh i agree that it shud be the same for humans in the same circumstances.
    It is so obvious from your 'aww' comments that you are very young. You dare compare animals to human beings. OK...time for a scenario... 'Joe Bloggs gets in a fight with me..so I defend myself with some Kung Fu..do him some damage and send him to hospital. Consequences, a few months in jail for unreasonable force' So there ARE consequences for human beings who get into fights!

'K9 Joe Bloggs attacks me..I try to use Kung Fu to defend myself. Useless againsts his 3 inch fangs. He bites me in the neck..I have possible rabies.' Consequences, kill the dog. I remember someone above stating that dogs would not have the human understanding of prison. Someone else mentioned doggy prison would not be very practical. Correct..so we kill the creature.

Yes, dogs do have nothing to offer but love but we must understand that when instinct kicks in, they become a danger to us. Examples include pet tigers and gorillas that have killed their owners.

This sorta reminds me of animal testing. I am mostly for it. If the quality of human life can be improved by testing on a rodent..then be it. Science does not need emotion in the research process..it hinders progress.

ReputationRep:
    we are animals you ****, i think last time i heard we was evolved from a mamal, you think were so great in life we control everything NO WE DONT we have no right.
    WE KILL, DESTROY just like animals or even worse cos i haven't seen a animal destroy anything unless its trying to survive

ReputationRep:
    Well said angel maybe jndikum should get a clue about wot happens in the world. Wot about death sentencing? do you agree we have the right to decide whether a human lives or dies. We dont and we dont have the right to choose over an animal u wanka

ReputationRep:
    Well said angel maybe jndikum should get a clue about wot happens in the world. Wot about death sentencing? do you agree we have the right to decide whether a human lives or dies. We dont and we dont have the right to choose over an animal u wanka
    You're IDIOTS..both of you..and you're both EXTREMEMLY STUPID. I hope you're proud. You're not even half intellectuals..great debate..u call me a ****..u can call yourself an animal mais moi..je ne suis pas un animal.. Besides..your English is very poor..

I should get a clue about what happens..errm..I am very well read..I already do. OK then..since we don't have the right to choose over an animal why don't you volunteer to have yourrself tested at GSK (where I worked over the summer). My intellect surpasses both of yours..SO HUSH!!

ReputationRep:
    So are you girls vegans? Because if not you are responsible for the "Murder" (your words not mine) of animals every day. Do you wear animal products?

The fact is, it isnt practical in our world. We cant have animal prison, and we cant have animals around which savage people therefore they have to be put down.
    You are trying to tell me that if a dog savaged your sister or brother and left them severely maimed you would want nothing to happen to the animal.

ReputationRep:
    Wot about death sentencing? do you agree we have the right to decide whether a human lives or dies. We dont and we dont have the right to choose over an animal u wanka
    We used to have the right. And in the bible being a thief will have your head chopped off, or stoned to death.

And mind the language please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    So are you girls vegans? Because if not you are responsible for the "Murder" (your words not mine) of animals every day. Do you wear animal products?

The fact is, it isnt practical in our world. We cant have animal prison, and we cant have animals around which savage people therefore they have to be put down.
    You are trying to tell me that if a dog savaged your sister or brother and left them severely maimed you would want nothing to happen to the animal.
    Well said...viviki is an obvious intellectual..*bravo*

ReputationRep:
    No. Why should we be able to put dogs down but euthanasia is so condemned? We think we're so superior to animals, but in all honesty, we're not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    You're IDIOTS..both of you..and you're both EXTREMEMLY STUPID. I hope you're proud. You're not even half intellectuals..great debate..u call me a ****..u can call yourself an animal mais moi..je ne suis pas un animal.. Besides..your English is very poor..

I should get a clue about what happens..errm..I am very well read..I already do. OK then..since we don't have the right to choose over an animal why don't you volunteer to have yourrself tested at GSK (where I worked over the summer). My intellect surpasses both of yours..SO HUSH!!
    I must admit I do agree with you. I dont think that you really have a reasoned view of this. I too should know a little about it as I shall hopefully one day be a veterinary surgeon.

ReputationRep:
    Animals who hurt are normally provoked as humans are i dont see poelpe deciding to kill whoever cos they beat someone up.
    Its not as if dogs can punch though can they all they can do is bite!
    animals do attack if not provoked, it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Animals who hurt are normally provoked as humans are i dont see poelpe deciding to kill whoever cos they beat someone up.
    Its not as if dogs can punch though can they all they can do is bite!
    Well, it comes down to the situation really. I worked as a vet tech for awhile but quit because of aminals being put down for stupid reasons. However there are times when it is nessacary. 2 personal exp's we had a dog who was 11 and had a tumor the size of a basketball in her stomach, we didn't know until it was too late as she was abit overweight and showed no signs, anyway the vet told us it would rupture w/in a week as it was growing so fast and she would have died painfully so we put her down.
    Another exp. Our last german sheppard was a wolf hybrid we didn't know this when we bought him, and found out when he was a year old and we were very attached to him. He went crazy to put it mildly, he attacked me (the family member he always followed arround) I had to have 30 stitches put in my hand. we kept him 2 months later he went for my mothers throat, thank god I had him trained because he listened to my commands and stopped. We took him and had him put down (he tried to attack the vet in the process BTW). It was hard but what other option was there, he would have killed someone.
    On another note, my cat of 18 yrs came down w/ feline leaukemia, he was bearly eating anything and was wasting away to nothing but still was very active and playful. the vet said put him down he is in pain. I could tell he wasn't so we brought him home to live out the remainder of his life, he died 2 weeks later in comfort laying in his favorite spot by the window.
    So like I say it all comes down to the situation, sometimes it is what is best.
    Damn that has to be my longest post ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    Just wondered if i'm alone by been against it??
    if they need to because there ill yes but not if an owner cant be bothered looking after 1

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think animals should be put down. They should be sent to a psychiatrist and discuss its problems, perhaps do community service. Then the animal will learn the deeper issue associated with its bad behaviour and the animal can then learn to change.

I think a detention centre for animals would be a good idea too, and then the animal could pick up new life skills to find direction in their life.

dog in prison

graduation

Imagine all the animals that could become better pets by learning how to roll over, sit and fetch the paper. I’ve done some research into this and I found that 85% of cats stop hanging around after dark. The government should seriously consider this.

only joking, if a animal attacks a human it should be put down, you can’t reform a bad animal you nutters.

I don't care. They're only animals. Their owner should have the right to do whatever they want to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)

Agrees. And what is the point of prolonging the agony of an animal, if it is suffering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    I don't care. They're only animals. Their owner should have the right to do whatever they want to them.
    oh how kind you are.Dont mean you can do what you want cause you own them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    You tell em eric!

ReputationRep:
    Precisely. Animals have rights too. Does owning a dog/cat mean you can put cigarettes out on it's body? No of course not. As for the thread topic of putting animals down. Of course, if they need to be put down. Last year I hit a kangaroo 2km from home on my way to work, I had no problem doubling back home to grab the .22 so I could put the poor bloody thing down. It had a broken back and had gone into shock. Was there any humane justice in letting it live? I think not.

Yes it does.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.