Watch
This discussion is closed.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
You just look at the world in a different way to me.

When you say it is 'wrong', for people to do particular things, you mean 'immoral'. I don't beleive in morals. The way I see it, animals are just chemical processes. We're all just chemical processes. When you look at it from this perspective it just seems meaningless to call the act of one group of atoms doing something to another group of atoms 'wrong'.
Where did I say 'wrong'? Don't try and correct something I never said. :rolleyes:

I really feel sorry for you if you truly believe what you have just written. :rolleyes:
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So if I murder you its meaningless?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
According to Potter's views. :rolleyes:
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You just look at the world in a different way to me.

When you say it is 'wrong', for people to do particular things, you mean 'immoral'. I don't beleive in morals. The way I see it, animals are just chemical processes. We're all just chemical processes. When you look at it from this perspective it just seems meaningless to call the act of one group of atoms doing something to another group of atoms 'wrong'.

I cannot believe that you really think this, since it must be obvious to everyone that whether we are all chemical processes or not, all animals, humans included, are capable of feeling pain; and to cause unnecessary pain cannot be right. I am sure you wouldn't go out and murder someone or torture them; at least I hope you wouldn't. And if you think that murder and torture are wrong then you have morals, whether you 'believe' in them or not. If you don't think that murder and torture are wrong then may I kindly suggest that you visit your nearest psychiatric hospital sometime soon?
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
According to Potter's views. :rolleyes:
and this coming from a boy named harry potter who crys about his parents being killed :rolleyes:
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
According to Harry Potter, yes.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Where did I say 'wrong'? Don't try and correct something I never said. :rolleyes:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I wasn't trying to be patronising. I'm simply saying you have a different outlook on life to me and that is the reason for our difference of opinion on this issue.

Urgh. I knew this would be difficult to explain.

Yes, if you were to go and murder me it would be pretty meaningless to call it 'wrong'.

I don't really want to discuss this anymore since I'll only end up offending people.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I wasn't trying to be patronising. I'm simply saying you have a different outlook on life to me and that is the reason for our difference of opinion on this issue.

Yes, if you were to go and murder me it would be pretty meaningless to call it 'wrong'.

I don't really want to discuss this anymore since I'll only end up offending people.
End up? Don't worry you already have. Please do explain!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Right then. I've just decided to keep an extra open mind for the next few minutes. Please do explain this mate, as so far it seems that you're nothing more than a vicious little prick who would use a magnifying glass on ants. I'm waiting to read something to the contrary.
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Animals are there for us to do what we like with them. Personally, I wanna stick a bullet in their heads, then once the owner has fell to the floor dead, get the pet off them and kill that too.

I sense this isn't a subject to joke about :rolleyes: Soz. Don't stick a bomb under my car
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
I am sure you wouldn't go out and murder someone or torture them; at least I hope you wouldn't. And if you think that murder and torture are wrong then you have morals, whether you 'believe' in them or not. If you don't think that murder and torture are wrong then may I kindly suggest that you visit your nearest psychiatric hospital sometime soon?
I wouldn't go out and murder or torture somone because:-
- I'd feel guilty about it.
- I would end up in prison.
- It would be pointless.

EDIT: I wouldn't not do it because it was 'wrong'.

I just think the concept of right and wrong is flawed.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't go out and murder or torture somone because:-
- I'd feel guilty about it.
- I would end up in prison.
- It would be pointless.

EDIT: I wouldn't not do it because it was 'wrong'.

I just think the concept of right and wrong is flawed.
In order to feel guilt one must have morals, yet you said you do not believe in morals?
Also the second rule applys to animals as well.
BTW, we weren't discussing the concept of right and wrong, we were discussing wether it is humane to put down an animal and for what reasons.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In order to feel guilt one must have morals, yet you said you do not believe in morals?
and so should the first and third
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can i put infinity down?

*points the needle at infinity*
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BTW, we weren't discussing the concept of right and wrong, we were discussing wether it is humane to put down an animal and for what reasons.
Infinity is quite correct here Harry Potter. Please do give me that explaination though.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
and so should the first and third
Yes, but I have a feeling potter would disagree.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So if I didnt feel guilt in killing you and we were somewhere where it was legal, it would be ok?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
can i put infinity down?

If you agree w/ potter's theory, the answer would be yes.
Why would you want to?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can i put infinity down?

I don't think so.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can i put infinity down?

to get eric to be quiet curry sneaks up to him and pokes him in the neck with a tranquilizer
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads