Turn on thread page Beta

Biological Diagrams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a source of biological diagrams such as physiological cross sections / diagrams of cells / general kinda thing you would find in a text book?

The reason I ask is because I am currently making all my notes into electonic format but the problem is with finding decent diagrams. I don't want to scan in pictures from textbooks because they would be against the copyright and I intend to publish everything on the intranet.

So...a diagram website is what I really want where they don't mind you using them for your own use.

I doubt I have made much sense!

Cheers guys,
    Nicky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a source of biological diagrams such as physiological cross sections / diagrams of cells / general kinda thing you would find in a text book?

The reason I ask is because I am currently making all my notes into electonic format but the problem is with finding decent diagrams. I don't want to scan in pictures from textbooks because they would be against the copyright and I intend to publish everything on the intranet.

So...a diagram website is what I really want where they don't mind you using them for your own use.

I doubt I have made much sense!

Cheers guys,
    Nicky.
    http://www.fleshandbones.com/

has some good diagrams on..

Also do a google image search, and quote the source...you can't go wrong there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    http://www.fleshandbones.com/

has some good diagrams on..

Also do a google image search, and quote the source...you can't go wrong there!
    Thanks for that link - looks to be a useful site.

I have tried googling before and rarely find anything suitable.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that link - looks to be a useful site.

I have tried googling before and rarely find anything suitable.
    You sure? Cause it always works for me...thees loads on teh internet with pics (some really good ones) on.

http://web.mit.edu/esgbio/www/chapters.html

has really good pics as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    You sure? Cause it always works for me...thees loads on teh internet with pics (some really good ones) on.

http://web.mit.edu/esgbio/www/chapters.html

has really good pics as well...
    I can generally find diagrams which are quite decent but they are usually copyrighted and say that they cannot be re-published on the internet.

Thanks for the links tho!

ReputationRep:
    I can generally find diagrams which are quite decent but they are usually copyrighted and say that they cannot be re-published on the internet.
    I'm sure if you quote the source, then it is all right...after all the most they can do is tell you to remove the image...

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the links tho!
    Just hyperlink them in your work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Just hyperlink them in your work.
    That's slightly bad practice. I would just send an email to one of the sites asking if you can borrow their diagrams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    That's slightly bad practice. I would just send an email to one of the sites asking if you can borrow their diagrams.
    So would I, but this is for private revision is it not?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.