Biological Diagrams Watch

This discussion is closed.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a source of biological diagrams such as physiological cross sections / diagrams of cells / general kinda thing you would find in a text book?

The reason I ask is because I am currently making all my notes into electonic format but the problem is with finding decent diagrams. I don't want to scan in pictures from textbooks because they would be against the copyright and I intend to publish everything on the intranet.

So...a diagram website is what I really want where they don't mind you using them for your own use.

I doubt I have made much sense!

Cheers guys,
Nicky.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a source of biological diagrams such as physiological cross sections / diagrams of cells / general kinda thing you would find in a text book?

The reason I ask is because I am currently making all my notes into electonic format but the problem is with finding decent diagrams. I don't want to scan in pictures from textbooks because they would be against the copyright and I intend to publish everything on the intranet.

So...a diagram website is what I really want where they don't mind you using them for your own use.

I doubt I have made much sense!

Cheers guys,
Nicky.
http://www.fleshandbones.com/

has some good diagrams on..

Also do a google image search, and quote the source...you can't go wrong there!
nikk
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
http://www.fleshandbones.com/

has some good diagrams on..

Also do a google image search, and quote the source...you can't go wrong there!
Thanks for that link - looks to be a useful site.

I have tried googling before and rarely find anything suitable.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for that link - looks to be a useful site.

I have tried googling before and rarely find anything suitable.
You sure? Cause it always works for me...thees loads on teh internet with pics (some really good ones) on.

http://web.mit.edu/esgbio/www/chapters.html

has really good pics as well...
nikk
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
You sure? Cause it always works for me...thees loads on teh internet with pics (some really good ones) on.

http://web.mit.edu/esgbio/www/chapters.html

has really good pics as well...
I can generally find diagrams which are quite decent but they are usually copyrighted and say that they cannot be re-published on the internet.

Thanks for the links tho!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can generally find diagrams which are quite decent but they are usually copyrighted and say that they cannot be re-published on the internet.
I'm sure if you quote the source, then it is all right...after all the most they can do is tell you to remove the image...
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thanks for the links tho!
Just hyperlink them in your work.
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Just hyperlink them in your work.
That's slightly bad practice. I would just send an email to one of the sites asking if you can borrow their diagrams.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
That's slightly bad practice. I would just send an email to one of the sites asking if you can borrow their diagrams.
So would I, but this is for private revision is it not?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (91)
26%
No (259)
74%

Watched Threads