Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know this may seem strange coming from a young guy with raging hormones, but would you say that the legal sex age is fair? In englan it's 16 and in spain it's 14 but surely that's a bit young. I just wanna say that kids will always do it but you may not realise but the higher the age ban is the older they do it, so if it's set at 16 they will try it younger to seem grown up and cool, whereas if it was 18 they might not try it so early, maybe some consideration would be given as to why its set so high!! I think it's a bit absud that 16 year olds are able to have a kid which will wreck their lives but they can't drink!! It just puts the stupidity into perspective and we can't get married till 18 so it would be born out of wedlock. Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I think its set at the right age...cos at that point in your life, most people are mature enough to make their own decisions taking all the factors into consideration. I don't think it should be increased to 18 cos i think everyone should be allowed to choose.

G

ReputationRep:
    lets just say everything is ****ed up

we was talking about 15 year olds going to clubs and drinking, i think they should let them into clubs but id people at the bar so they can't drink so everyone is happy

ReputationRep:
    I think the legal age has little effect on what age people actually start having sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    lets just say everything is ****ed up

we was talking about 15 year olds going to clubs and drinking, i think they should let them into clubs but id people at the bar so they can't drink so everyone is happy
    oh come on if a kid wants a drink they will find a way i.e. give money to someone older to get one or maybe they have an older mate, don't be so naive kids are v clever at that age when they want something they most certainly get it

ReputationRep:
    i think people who are in relationships under 16 could have sex if they care for each other but kids wont obey that so no matter what the legal age is no1 will stick to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissmequick)
    oh come on if a kid wants a drink they will find a way i.e. give money to someone older to get one or maybe they have an older mate, don't be so naive kids are v clever at that age when they want something they most certainly get it
    I agree...a lot of kids are drinking by the time they reach 14....they'd just drink somewhere else before coming to the club.

G

ReputationRep:
    i think people who are in relationships under 16 could have sex if they care for each other but kids wont obey that so no matter what the legal age is no1 will stick to it
    Not meaning to sound patronising at all, but are most people younger than 16 fully emotionally aware enough to say that they care for/love each other so they can have sex???

G

ReputationRep:
    okay well this is how it goes...lower the age for sex then it'll be 9 year olds having sex..
    lower the drinking age so then the kids can drink and then the even younger kids will think its cool and drink either way the government is ****ed cos its the people who should obey the law, and we all dont want to be sensible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Not meaning to sound patronising at all, but are most people younger than 16 fully emotionally aware enough to say that they care for/love each other so they can have sex???

G
    I've got to agree they really don't know the full extent of love when i was 14 i thought i did and i thought i loved people but you really become more self aware as you grow older. The only way they think they know what love is, is because they watch romantic films or see their parents how else would they know what it feels like?

ReputationRep:
    okay well this is how it goes...lower the age for sex then it'll be 9 year olds having sex..
    lower the drinking age so then the kids can drink and then the even younger kids will think its cool and drink either way the government is ****ed cos its the people who should obey the law, and we all dont want to be sensible
    True but surely but setting a low age your in a way promoting it because lets say those that are gonna have sex will relentless to the age but what about those turning 16 who havent they feel left out, unexperienced, under extreme pressure, not fitting in with mates and in a sense they're forced my emotions and peer pressure to get laid!

ReputationRep:
    okay then put a ban on it no sex b4 marriage...what i'm trying to say is that no matter what age or who ever it is no one will stick to that legal age.....when i did it, it didn't cross my mind that it was underage and i dont think no one cares anymore...and i'm ure alot of kids are proud to show off they have had sex

ReputationRep:
    okay then put a ban on it no sex b4 marriage...what i'm trying to say is that no matter what age or who ever it is no one will stick to that legal age.....when i did it, it didn't cross my mind that it was underage and i dont think no one cares anymore...and i'm ure alot of kids are proud to show off they have had sex
    yeah but thats not what its about hence they obviously arent ready to have sex if they are only thinking about showing off about it and being proud its meant to be a symbol of love or just a good time but not a boasting parade. Also you cant say sex before marriage because not all ppl are religous and won't get marriend under they eyes of a so called "god" who they may not believe in.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but thats not what its about hence they obviously arent ready to have sex if they are only thinking about showing off about it and being proud its meant to be a symbol of love or just a good time but not a boasting parade. Also you cant say sex before marriage because not all ppl are religous and won't get marriend under they eyes of a so called "god" who they may not believe in.
    i was been sarcastic about marriage b4 sex as i'm one of those who doesn't agree in marriage. lets just put it as sex is sex its natural if they get pregnant well its the way of life it happens no one can stop that...and thats the risk they are taking after all the publicity of telling them there is a risk

ReputationRep:
    That's where i think the problem lies....there's so much pressure on kids these days to sex younger and younger from friends etc. that its past the point where kids as young as 12 are doing...and there is no way they can fully aware of the consequences.

G

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity how old are you both? just so i can see where your coming from. Im personally 16

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity how old are you both? just so i can see where your coming from. Im personally 16

ReputationRep:
    Just turned 18

G

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were a lot younger but fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    now if you don't mid me asking how old were you your first time? if you have done it. If not what made you decide to wait and do you have any regrets?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.