Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Of course there are - General Studies is one example that nobody can really dispute.
    very true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplecrayon)
    'easy' subjetcs like dance etc.
    GCSE dance is one of the last subjects Id call 'easy'. writing 2,000 word essays on costume designs.. Aah the memories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramdom_girl)
    hi how easy are they
    hi how easy are you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Of course there are - General Studies is one example that nobody can really dispute.
    ok.. im agressing with that - i went to no general studies lessons last year... well a couple.. and I got an A! :eek:
    this year im not even timetabled for general studies as it doesnt fit in, im just taking the exam anyway...

but to be honest, people tended to either pass with flying colours or fail miserably....

did anyone else find this at their schoo/college?

we had quite a few people with A's... then everyone else seemed to get E's and U's i thought this was really weird....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippychick4eva)
    ok.. im agressing with that - i went to no general studies lessons last year... well a couple.. and I got an A! :eek:
    this year im not even timetabled for general studies as it doesnt fit in, im just taking the exam anyway...

but to be honest, people tended to either pass with flying colours or fail miserably....

did anyone else find this at their schoo/college?

we had quite a few people with A's... then everyone else seemed to get E's and U's i thought this was really weird....
    Same- no real middle ground with results.

Also - when people are saying A-Levels are easier because of ASs, they have to realise that the AS-Level pass rate is only about 75-80% and people resit to (obviously) improve grades with the hindsight of having done a whole term of harder A2 work. That is why pass rates have risen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    the Daily Mail (ill shoot anyone who calls this paper crap!! :rolleyes: :p: ) were saying that 10,000 students this year have been rejected from Oxbridge, and a lot of them (if not all) had acheived straight A's :eek:
    crap paper.....but alevels i guess yeah its easy to PASS it but most people dont wanna just get passed they want A's or B's so alevels really aint THAT easy. although now i look back on AS and i think they were too easy

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.