Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in the middle of decieding what uni to go to but i cant make up my mind. as i am not sure if i want to move away from home or not? has ne one got any pros or cons pf moving away!!! help

ReputationRep:
    It comes down to money, in the end. Staying at home is cheaper, but you probably won't get as involved with university life than if you live on campus. It's probably easier to make friends if you're living there, most people I know at university recommend it...also, it's good to get away from home for a bit, see a different part of the country.

This is why I didn't apply to any London universities (though my course choice also played a big part), I wanted to move away.

ReputationRep:
    You could always spend the 2nd year living at home , after spending the first year in halls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    You could always spend the 2nd year living at home , after spending the first year in halls!
    Not if the uni is miles away from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan_h)
    I am in the middle of decieding what uni to go to but i cant make up my mind. as i am not sure if i want to move away from home or not? has ne one got any pros or cons pf moving away!!! help
    if you stay in halls you will love it trust me!! you will be missing out on a lot if you dont stay in halls. The social atmospehere is great!

ReputationRep:
    I live at home as I can't afford to move out it did effect my choice of university but I found that Salford did a course that I really liked the sound of it and I really could not justify moving out when my university is 4 miles away!

The social life is not too good but I get still go out once every two weeks so its not too bad.

I will move out when I get a job. I think it helps my studying living at home as I can study in peice and have broadband in my bed room etc.

I can't work in noisy envrionments.

I also worried about moving out and not meeting new friends etc.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.