Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When you ring up universities to apply through clearing, how soon will they be able to definitely offer you a place. is it only when you send the clearing form off, or will they say on the phone that they want you and sending the form is just standard procedure

ReputationRep:
    I *think* you're usually given an offer over the phone and if you want to accept it, you send them your CEF to make it official, but I'm sure PQ will be along soon to clarify.

ReputationRep:
    As I mentioned earlier in my other posts, I got unofficial offers from nine unis via email more than a month ago!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>)
    As I mentioned earlier in my other posts, I got unofficial offers from nine unis via email more than a month ago!!
    so they will confirm u have a place before u even send of the clearing entry form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freeway)
    so they will confirm u have a place before u even send of the clearing entry form?
    Yeah, hopefully! UCAS has told me to ask a uni to start considering me using just my application number and the clearing number which will be on the Track service on www.ucas.com from 18 August. If a university offers a place my acceptance is entered automatically and I will receive the final letter to confirm my place.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Freeway)
    It's not actually official til you've sent your CEF off, but if they've said over the phone or by email or whatever that they want you then that's very positive.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.