Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Its only 5% :confused:
    Thats actually strong for beer. Thats about 2.5 units per pint. So one pint of that stuff and you're over the drink drive limit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    :rofl:

Has anyone tried Kronenbourg Blanc?
    Yup (if it's the white one?), that's nice.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, I love white beer (it's made with wheat, right?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Thats actually strong for beer. Thats about 2.5 units per pint. So one pint of that stuff and you're over the drink drive limit.
    Really? I didn't actually think it was that strong. Thats why i always preferred drinking cider or stronger to drinking beer. Figured it was more value for your money.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I didn't actually think it was that strong. Thats why i always preferred drinking cider or stronger to drinking beer. Figured it was more value for your money.
    Most cider is around 5% too, yes Cider is stronger than beer, but Kronenbourg is about the strongest beer you can get hold off quite easily.

Beware that the cheap cider such as White Lightening is very very bad for you.

ReputationRep:
    And don't even think about making Snakebite, because that's even worse for you....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    actually lots of lagers are 5% (as are lots of beers!); grolsch, stella, heineken etc etc

and ciders are usually higher, 6-7% (we're talking real cider though, not that white lightning sihte)

ReputationRep:
    Kronie rocks! Kronie Cru is even better... yuuuummmmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    actually lots of lagers are 5% (as are lots of beers!); grolsch, stella, heineken etc etc

and ciders are usually higher, 6-7% (we're talking real cider though, not that white lightning sihte)
    Up here those stuff aren't the norm though, Fosters, Carling, XXX are much more common. Grolsch and Heineken tends to be too expensive as does stella some pubs near me charege £3.10 a pint now for the stuff! I don't drink it as I have no intenton of beating up wifes but my local paper did a survey of drink prices in South Manchester.

I usualy pay around £2.30 for Kronebourg or Fosters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Up here those stuff aren't the norm though, Fosters, Carling, XXX are much more common. Grolsch and Heineken tends to be too expensive as does stella some pubs near me charege £3.10 a pint now for the stuff! I don't drink it as I have no intenton of beating up wifes but my local paper did a survey of drink prices in South Manchester.

I usualy pay around £2.30 for Kronebourg or Fosters.
    those are still about 4%. anyway i was just pointing out that it isnt really that high for a beer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Yup (if it's the white one?), that's nice.
    Yup, except for when someone orders 7 pints of it on a busy Saturday night :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Most cider is around 5% too, yes Cider is stronger than beer, but Kronenbourg is about the strongest beer you can get hold off quite easily.

Hm...yeah thats the kinda stuff i used to get and add blackcurrant to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)

i thought stella was the strongest beer u can get hold off quite easily..its 5.2% where as kronenberg is 5%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find this totally disgusting?
    I got a box of it the other day and couldn't even drink it. It just tasted like someone had put garlic or onion or something in it :confused: :puke: But my dad thinks its lovely. So anyone else tasted it before?
    I grew up on the stuff so I drink it like apple juice but why on earth start a thread about this?

The garlic would be the French touch...

ReputationRep:
    Um because i wanted to know what other people though of it perhaps? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)

Most cider is at least at 6%. 6% is at the lower end, 10% at the higher end. Although Blackthorn and Strongbow are just a bit higher than 5%, on the whole, cider is usually stronger than beer. I sampled every cider in the country at the Great British Beer Festival. There's some nasty stuff out there!

ReputationRep:
    Um because i wanted to know what other people though of it perhaps? :confused:
    Hmmm maybe I should start a thread on Charmin Loo paper.

ReputationRep:
    The generally accepted ladder of readily available lagers:

Grolsch
    Kronenbourg
    Carlsberg
    Carlsberg Export
    Fosters
    Heineken
    Carling
    (ad inf.)
    Stella

ReputationRep:
    I actually think Budweiser is the best i've ever tasted.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think Budweiser is the best i've ever tasted.
    Yeah its not bad actually but its American so I have to pretend not to like it

Edit its actually probably brewed in the UK however.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.