Report 14 years ago
Nay
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nay,

its sadistic how running round a field chasing a fox and then letting hounds rip it to pieces can be classed as "sport"

the other side of the coin is that by banning it all that will be achieved is the satsifaction of conscience, while people will lose their jobs and tradition will be ended. then the actual problem of foxes themselves.

there are other alternatives for killing foxes tho
xAngelx
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
yes....just to be different
just to be akward
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Nay,

its sadistic how running round a field chasing a fox and then letting hounds rip it to pieces can be classed as "sport"

the other side of the coin is that by banning it all that will be achieved is the satsifaction of conscience, while people will lose their jobs and tradition will be ended. then the actual problem of foxes themselves.

but its tradition.....in alaska, the inuits actually go out EVERY winter and club baby seals to death.....horrific *shudders*
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xAngelx)
just to be akward
and how is that awkward? (i think you spelled it wrong)
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
definately nay!
Empedocles
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Nay,

Also, the fox has a chance to escape. If it's caught its death is instantaneous.
Sazzle
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yay,

The media are spouting a lot of nonsense about this at the moment, until you have been hunting it's hard to comment on this. By banning it the countryside will have more problems to face than just a fox problem.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sazzle)
Yay,

The media are spouting a lot of nonsense about this at the moment, until you have been hunting it's hard to comment on this. By banning it the countryside will have more problems to face than just a fox problem.
really? how so?

i know that now in alaska they are teaching brownie scouts to kill beaver because there blocking rivers and dams and the water is starting to freeze over, and there would be no drinking water or something.....

(brownies are 5 year old girl scouts)
xAngelx
Report 14 years ago
and how is that awkward? (i think you spelled it wrong)
well i can't spell *huh*
Empedocles
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Sazzle)
Yay,

Agreed.
gemgems89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nay.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but its tradition.....in alaska, the inuits actually go out EVERY winter and club baby seals to death.....horrific *shudders*
but do we have the right to end a persons way of life/tradition? people in the countryside must be getting pissed off at these city living animal rights protestors who have no idea of their tradition and the impact foxes can have on their living (farming etc)
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not denying that there is a fox problem, my question is why do the foxes have to be hunted in such a cruel way

BTW I live in the country I've been to hunts as a child.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
but do we have the right to end a persons way of life/tradition? people in the countryside must be getting pissed off at these city living animal rights protestors who have no idea of their tradition and the impact foxes can have on their living (farming etc)
but you say nay.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads