Changing courses at Oxford

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sluggy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i got an offer for modern history from st catherines today, though i applied for mod history and economics. strange, considering my history interview went badly and the economics one seemed to go very well.

ill probably take the offer. is there any way i can change my major once im accepted?
nero076
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sluggy)
i got an offer for modern history from st catherines today, though i applied for mod history and economics. strange, considering my history interview went badly and the economics one seemed to go very well.

ill probably take the offer. is there any way i can change my major once im accepted?

You should contact the admissions tutor at the college, I doubt you'l be able to change as history/economics only takes about 10 people a year, but its worth a shot I guess.

Congratulations on the offer, anyway
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes you can!! Though there is a lot of red tape to get through!! You have to do it in the first three weeks i believe and have the permission of the relevant tutors. My friend was doing French and Arabic and dropped the French.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ensocopier)
Exactly the same thing happened to me, but at Somerville. Its very difficult to get on the joint honours course, because there are so few places.
The thing is..if the joint honour's dont meet their requirements, the college may not accept them and be willing to reconsider you!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (36)
7.55%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (38)
7.97%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (115)
24.11%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (66)
13.84%
No, nothing has changed (145)
30.4%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (77)
16.14%

Watched Threads