So the things that may show up are;
    Accepted - you're in
    UF - you're in
    CF - not yet decided, ring up
    Unsuccessful - rejected, can still try to ring though

Yep?
    Just realised that PQ has already told me this via PM:

If it's stayed unchanged that could be because
    a) you got the grade but they've not got round to you yet (possible if they've had problems with their connection to UCAS or the staff responsible are suddelny taken ill etc etc - the sort of stuff that can't be foreseen)
    b) you got the grades but for some reason there's been a problem getting them sent electronically to your unis - if this is the case (and it happens to about 5% of people) it's simply a case of contacting the uni concerned, telling them your full grades and faxing them a copy of your results slip.
    c) you've missed the grades but not by far enough that they want to reject you, it may be that you'll still be accepted or they may (if you contact them on results day) make you an amended offer for a similar but less competetive course or to a foundation year or similar if they offer one...if they make an amended offer then you're allowed to decline it and go to your insurance (or into clearing if your insurance doesn't accept you/you have no insurance). The reason you have to contact them on results day is to do with the whole confidentiality arguement between UCAS, unis and the JCQ (the exam board/school people)...once it gets to friday uni's will be allowed to contact people with amended offers but for thursday the contact has to be initiated by the applicant.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's Great Sutton. So you went to Berwick Road?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdi_princess)
    I thought the clearing lists dont go up until the 18th? how do you your course is on clearing already?
    Nottingham have had clearing up for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Yeah I think it's Great Sutton. So you went to Berwick Road?!
    Yeah!
    Did you :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Yeah!
    Did you :eek:

No! Sutton Green!

ReputationRep:
    No! Sutton Green!
    Traitor! :p:
    Check your PM!

ReputationRep:
    Aaah!!

Ok will do!

ReputationRep:
    if it says accepcted or whatever on ucas track does that mean i have met the grade requirements fully, or could it mean i have missed it by one grade or somin but they have still decided to accept me. Cos i would feel gutted if i find out in the morning that i have got atleast ABB(my uni offer) and go to school and find i got BBB :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You might have either got them fully or missed by a grade or something, but the uni are willing to accept you anyway

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to check it or not - if I do go on and it still says CF, then it'll stress me out soooo much - I won't know if it's because UCAS just haven't got round to it yet or because I've missed my grades :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I remember I checked last year. It came up on UCAS Track around 10am, but I think this year they are putting it up earlier. I would advise not to check - it kinda spoils it when you go and get your results.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on each person. I'd rather know before I get my results

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on each person. I'd rather know before I get my results
    true. Good luck to you all anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ive just woken up early to check UCAS track but firstly the page isnt available and secondly im having second thoughts as to whether to check it or not.... Ive decided not to bother cos Id rather know everything for certain when I get to school.
    It would be really annoying if I found out I didnt get in, cos then Id be worrying about how bad my grades actually were!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd finally got my courage to go check and its not on.. i am not going to check. Though i dont think i will have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    im kinda glad its not up yet.. i was a bit unsure as to whether to look or not. if its up by 10 past 8 i will check before i leave

ReputationRep:
    the ucas site has just gone strange, i cant seem to find the ucas track link....going to try and search for it via google

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.