wud u's say its harder being 'mixed'?
    such a vague question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxXmowgliXxX)
    such a vague question...
    nah. i d say it is cooool.

ReputationRep:
    It was harder when I was younger, yes. But I've learnt to use it to my advantage now and I understand a lot more about the world too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    You're right - they are
    You are right ...my two kids (im a mature student!) are mixed half black (grandparents from the carribean) half white and there so beautiful but i could be biased lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliverPJ)
    It was harder when I was younger, yes. But I've learnt to use it to my advantage now and I understand a lot more about the world too.
    My kids havent had any probs as yet tho my little boy did come in the other day saying a boy had called him a "pakki" (obviously got it from his rednecked hillbilly parents) he didnt know what one was so i explained who a pakistani person is (person that lives in pakistan and has similar colour to himself) he was cool and went back off out to play! thats the only incident we have had and hes 8 now.

ReputationRep:
    am half french/ half american
    quite different.
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    such a vague question...
    I don't know really. I actually see it more as a blessing. To be potentially exposed to 2 different cultures, languages and lifestyle. In somewhat ways it can be hard when comming to terms with personal issues such as "identity". You normally have people ask vague questions such as "If country A had a war with country B, which side would you choose?". So yeah in some ways it is harder because people are lead to believe that you have to choose 1 side and that there is no grey area you know? So normally when I'm faced with that question I say I'm "Eurasian".

Eur - European descent
    Asian - Asian descent (Duh)

Hope that answered your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knööli)
    I'd also prefer "half-breed" I think mixed race ppl are better looking (not referring to myself..)
    i have to agree with that. the people around me and some of my friends that are mixed (i don't know what word to use) are so beautiful. i'm jealous :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    i have to agree with that. the people around me and some of my friends that are mixed (i don't know what word to use) are so beautiful. i'm jealous :cool:
    Well, it's a burden, but we manage haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed race (half african, half english) and I wouldn't have it any other way. Living in Cheshire (apparently it has the highest percentage of white people in england) I always felt akward beind mixed race, but now I embrace it. I love looking so different to everyone else. And I love being involved in two completely different cultures.

ReputationRep:
    such a vague question...
    Quite confusing being both when you're young until you start realising that half-breeds are the best-looking, most intelligent and kindest beings on earth - then yes a small element of pride comes in, but not nearly enough to unbalance our divinely humble natures. When I was young I hated being half-Chinese, but now I love the mix, for example

ReputationRep:
    I went through the "I hate my asian heritage" routine.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP. Come on people, let's get a discussion going!

ReputationRep:
    italian/french-candian/yugoslav - born n' raised in Sweden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiechi)
    BUMP. Come on people, let's get a discussion going!
    Ok, how about being half-Chinese half-English is far superior in every way, shape and form than being half-Phillipino half-English. Discuss.

If you're getting bored there are plenty of stupid threads on this thing (I think the worst so far is 'What colour are your eyes..') which are quite amusing to partake in

ReputationRep:
    Being mixed is a curse - you are accepted by neither side as one of their own. As Halle Berry said, "too black to be White, and too White to be black".

Just out of curiousity, which mix do you think produces the most inferior breed of human? Personally, I think it is any cross with a negroid. The negroid genetic code has nothing positive to offer, at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren356)
    Being mixed is a curse - you are accepted by neither side as one of their own. As Halle Berry said, "too black to be White, and too White to be black".

Just out of curiousity, which mix do you think produces the most inferior breed of human? Personally, I think it is any cross with a negroid. The negroid genetic code has nothing positive to offer, at all.
    Being whatever you are is a curse. Being mixed is a blessing, you naive fool. Anyway get out of this thread this is for people with 'Mixed Heritage', hence the 'Mixed Heritage Thread'. Shlag.

ReputationRep:
    Being whatever you are is a curse. Being mixed is a blessing, you naive fool. Anyway get out of this thread this is for people with 'Mixed Heritage', hence the 'Mixed Heritage Thread'. Shlag.
    OK. And yes, I am a member of the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    lol damn right. We don't want incested people in here.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.