i'll answer myself

i most certainly do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    i'll answer myself

i most certainly do
    define 'townie'

ReputationRep:
    What's a townie? Someone who lives in a town? Isn't this most people?

ReputationRep:
    i'll answer myself

i most certainly do
    i think you are spammy!

ReputationRep:
    They are called Scallies here and they are the most annoying things in the world. They don't even speak english.

"na man, wha' nike trainers should we ba today man?, do you knoh what iz buzzin'. Dobba has got a pair of max man so we gotta get them man, we can't a'v 'im be'in the **** of 'are estate"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    They are called Scallies here and they are the most annoying things in the world. They don't even speak english.

"na man, wha' nike trainers should we ba today man?, do you knoh what iz buzzin'. Dobba has got a pair of max man so we gotta get them man, we can't a'v 'im be'in the **** of 'are estate"
    as i was reading down then i thought i was on my own

or theres this classsic

"can ya lend us 10 p maaate"

and you apologise for not having any money

and they are like "awwww mate ya starting i'll knock you out"

ReputationRep:
    Townies = scallies, in Manchester anyway.

There's a lot of them, look like they're going to cause trouble, probaly do, but most of the time they're harmless towards other people. It's like they're weak and by dressing like that it make them look "tough" and "hard," as they would say.

They're obsessed with Nike, Adidas etc. I would say they're very annoying, hanging around on the corner of streets. They look really bad, but you don't really get much trouble off them, depends.

They're everywhere, and there's nothing we can do...

ReputationRep:
    um.. yeh i think people like that are annoying. id call em yobs meself.

ReputationRep:
    Townies are very annoyinfg they speak a whole other language quite like what Moochy just said!!!!!!!!!! If you can understand it u should become a translater for them. That really is what they talk like!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)

There's a lot of them, look like they're going to cause trouble, probaly do, but most of the time they're harmless towards other people. It's like they're weak and by dressing like that it make them look "tough" and "hard," as they would say.

They're obsessed with Nike, Adidas etc. I would say they're very annoying, hanging around on the corner of streets. They look really bad, but you don't really get much trouble off them, depends.

i only call townie/scallies who start on you for know reason just cos of the way you look pathetic stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    as i was reading down then i thought i was on my own

or theres this classsic

"can ya lend us 10 p maaate"

and you apologise for not having any money

and they are like "awwww mate ya starting i'll knock you out"
    I was in Plymouth once, and a traditionally attired shell suited, baseball capped youth approached me, asking...

"Do you have a fag mate?"

I responded, "No, I don't".

He responded, "[email protected]!*k off then!".

Great.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I must admit I have not often had any trouble with them, I know some that live near me so I just let on to him in a scally voice "alright" and they leave you alone.

If you go up to them saying "I am student you're on the dole haha" you are simply asking for trouble.

The main place for spotting them in Manchester is Piccadilly the place is crawling with them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I must admit I have not often had any trouble with them, I know some that live near me so I just let on to him in a scally voice "alright" and they leave you alone.

If you go up to them saying "I am student you're on the dole haha" you are simply asking for trouble.

The main place for spotting them in Manchester is Piccadilly the place is crawling with them.
    Yeah, just be civil with them or don't look at them. They only start if you answer back. I can't say I see many scallies around Picadilly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just be civil with them or don't look at them. They only start if you answer back. I can't say I see many scallies around Picadilly.
    i know make eye contact and your a gonna for sure

and what annoys lol its funny
    they think they are hard and all but they do on fight on their own they always need someone to help then ALWAYS

ReputationRep:
    i know make eye contact and your a gonna for sure

and what annoys lol its funny
    they think they are hard and all but they do on fight on their own they always need someone to help then ALWAYS
    Lol, nah, you're not really in trouble if you look at them, only if you stare at them. Then, they start staring back and probaly would reply with "what you lookin' at?" so then you have to ignore them...I probaly would say "not a lot" but not if there was loads of them.

ReputationRep:
    Try the Oldham Street part near Nobles you can't escape them.

I went to that Wetherspoons in Picdillay once, its the only time I have ever been out drinking and had trouble. Some stupid drunk girl was shouting at me and my mate "you two f*ckers go to Mancat don't ya" etc, the staff didn't even do anything about it, in the end they just made her sit some where else.

I tend to avoid pubs in the city centre and just go to Didsbury and Chorlton instead. I still go into Manchester for clubbing though but the types of clubs I go tend not to attract scallies.

There are plenty of non scally pubs in Manchester but they all tend to be near Deansgate and I aint rich.

ReputationRep:
    All the townies where I live are 14 year old girls who wear white trackie bottoms tucked into blue sports socks with Nike shoes on and a pink swearshirt, sometimes a denim jacket too. They hang around in groups of about 10 and attract townie boys who also wear their trousers in their socks and generally look bad. There aren't that many townies aged older than 16, they generally learn that that look isn't good, and so dress slightly better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    All the townies where I live are 14 year old girls who wear white trackie bottoms tucked into blue sports socks with Nike shoes on and a pink swearshirt, sometimes a denim jacket too. They hang around in groups of about 10 and attract townie boys who also wear their trousers in their socks and generally look bad. There aren't that many townies aged older than 16, they generally learn that that look isn't good, and so dress slightly better.
    Don't forget the big loopey earrings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    In some parts of Manchester it is common to see 40 year olds wearing Nike trainers, addidas trackies, a nike sweethshirt, a base ball cap etc. They then walk down the none smoking Ardnale centre smoking weed muttering to them selves "do you knoh what 'a' mean".

ReputationRep:
    In some parts of Manchester it is common to see 40 year olds wearing Nike trainers, addidas trackies, a nike sweethshirt, a base ball cap etc. They then walk down the none smoking Ardnale centre smoking weed muttering to them selves "do you knoh what 'a' mean".
    Oh yeah, and they have little kids that talk just like them. The scally population is growing.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.