Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Oh yeah, and they have little kids that talk just like them. The scally population is growing.
    Yeah that brings up a totaly different issue all entirely. Its just a viscous circle, these kinds are probably just as likely to unemployed like their parents properly are.

Its a well known fact that parents education influences what their kids do, my parents probably have above average qualifications for their generation so their two children will go to university etc.

One of my uncle and anty have a degree, so their kids are now doing a master and the other one is doing a PhD. On the other hand my uncles sister who does not have a degree and neither does he husband all their kids left school to get crappy jobs (despite them living in a very posh area and been bought up with brand new BMW's and stuff)

I would imagine most scallies drop out of the education system at 16 or even below that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Yeah that brings up a totaly different issue all entirely. Its just a viscous circle, these kinds are probably just as likely to unemployed like their parents properly are.

Its a well known fact that parents education influences what their kids do, my parents probably have above average qualifications for their generation so their two children will go to university etc.

One of my uncle and anty have a degree, so their kids are now doing a master and the other one is doing a PhD. On the other hand my uncles sister who does not have a degree and neither does he husband all their kids left school to get crappy jobs (despite them living in a very posh area and been bought up with brand new BMW's and stuff)

I would imagine most scallies drop out of the education system at 16 or even below that.
    I don't really agree with that 'if your parents are smart then you are too' theory - it's a bit medieval. There is no definite proof that intelligence is hereditary, but I suppose that your parent's behaviour does directly affect your own behaviour (did anyone see that Louis Theroux programme with the nazis?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    I don't really agree with that 'if your parents are smart then you are too' theory - it's a bit medieval. There is no definite proof that intelligence is hereditary, but I suppose that your parent's behaviour does directly affect your own behaviour (did anyone see that Louis Theroux programme with the nazis?).
    I never said it had anything to do with intelligence. Though the environment in which you are bought up must effect your knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    where i live we have

chavs-the ones who think they are all it, covered head2toe in gold and burberry

grungers-the ones who go round in black,white face paint and big black circles around their eyes

skaters-baggy jeans, skateboards(oviosuly)

but it doesnt bother me what they are, because i have friends who are from all of them groups

x x x

ReputationRep:
    I never said it had anything to do with intelligence. Though the environment in which you are bought up must effect your knowledge.
    A strange question: Why does my computer's virus checker keep telling me that it's blocking a page called 'robertsonnet.net' whenever I view a page that you've posted on?

ReputationRep:
    A strange question: Why does my computer's virus checker keep telling me that it's blocking a page called 'robertsonnet.net' whenever I view a page that you've posted on?
    Maybe because the images using what is known as linking but then that should happen on anybody's pictures. I have a game with an exe file in the root directory of that site so maybe its somthingt do with that.

Does it say why its blocking it?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because the images using what is known as linking but then that should happen on anybody's pictures. I have a game with an exe file in the root directory of that site so maybe its somthingt do with that.

Does it say why its blocking it?
    Oh, I see. That's why there isn't a picture in your signature - just a box with a big X in it.

It doesn't specifically say why it's blocking it just 'this programme is trying to access your computer'. Better to be safe than sorry, I just let it get on with it.

(Original post by nero076)
    lol

you should visit my college mate, there's loads of the buggers (though not ever known as townies).

they seem to be the majority actually, as if it ain't enough that there's the little black rudeboy "gimme ya phone type" there's the "trendy asian", the "middle-class white boy-wannabe a black american" types too - they all dress alike as is they;re the backing cast of a puff duddy video...can;t which of the pricks are gonna mug you or not.
    random question, what college do you go to? i used to be E18, big up the south woodford massiv indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    random question, what college do you go to? i used to be E18, big up the south woodford massiv indeed

i'm at george monoux college, walthamstow its pretty decent overall, apparently given the gcse grades its students come in with it does very well....but it takes an awful lot of morons, especially for the lower gnvq courses (sorry I know this a terrible generalisation, at least a higher proportion than do alevs) but and even the half sensible ones seem to dress and speak like rudeboys.

From what I'm told Leyton sixth form, my other local-ish college is even worse.

Can;t wait to leave and go uni....its not the worst place in the world to study, but its just not tailoreed to those who really wanna acheive, if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, you lot dont like scallies?
    Funnily enough, most of them wouldnt think too much of a lot of you!
    Cant we all just get along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I don't want scallies to like me! The day scallies like me is the day I become one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)

yeh tell them that when they're mugging your little sister

ReputationRep:
    I don't want scallies to like me! The day scallies like me is the day I become one.
    Maybe, but individuals of our intellect can easily manipulate their feeble little minds and get them to serve us...

For a while, at least (short attention spans, you see).

ReputationRep:
    yeh tell them that when they're mugging your little sister
    I probbaly know a helluva lot more about scallies then you do seeing as how I live on a council estate, and I have to say I dont like some of the attitudes shown in this thread. I was joking at first but now I'm serious.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but individuals of our intellect can easily manipulate their feeble little minds and get them to serve us...

For a while, at least (short attention spans, you see).

yeh

them: "oi you! gimme ya phone!"
    me: "look over there!"

ReputationRep:
    yeh

them: "oi you! gimme ya phone!"
    me: "look over there!"
    Or

me: "I'll give you this nice shiny object if you bring me money..."
    them: "Uhhhh... dokay."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Doubtless you two have taken time to talk to each and every 'scally' to determine their level of intellect for yourselves. Because of course you wouldnt come out with generalistions like this with no proof now would you?
    Actually, I would.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I would.
    That much was obvious.
    Kind of proves my point about the dissection really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    That much was obvious.
    Kind of proves my point about the dissection really.
    I suppose so. In my opinion, it just reinforces my view.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose so. In my opinion, it just reinforces my view.
    What, the fact that you havent actually backed up what you have said reinforces your view?
    That view being?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.