The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey that is a good quotation :smile: Pretty impressive. Hahaha. You should have read mine. It's funny. It started off saying "I vividly recall standing in front of the mirror staring at my 7-year old self, resplendent in a lawyer's robes and wig".. o r something comical to that extent. It was pretty dumb but I didn't have anything else to say. Then I crammed everything else in.
Reply 41
paymaster
The weirdest thread i saw was this
http://www.uk-learning.net/t16311.html
It's got some guy ranting about how great cambridge is, and talking in latin! Made me think I might be better off somewhere other than cam

Oh gawd! Maybe he's studying old languages and just showing off. Hehe.. Ignore him. Latin is a dead language. Coz' they do study Latin at Uni.. so yeh. We're lawyers so we just speak English *winks*.. trying to think positive here!
Reply 42
When I was at cam 4 my interview, i met a load of interviewees with latin A-level, Really worried me....
Reply 43
paymaster
When I was at cam 4 my interview, i met a load of interviewees with latin A-level, Really worried me....

Well I met one with French, German, and Eng Lit. But don't get worried! I speak 3 languages fluently (Malay, English and Chinese) and they don't sound half as impressive but it really shouldn't bug you! And come on, we're taking the same subjects so we should be happy yeh?
Reply 44
We're on our third page.... Madness
Reply 45
Yeah, I'm happy with my subjects. I'll just have to wait until 2moro, when my letter should come through.. Happy new year 2 me!
Reply 46
Happy New Year to you too! I'll be waiting for mine.. and get it in 2 weeks so I'm pretty cursed. Anywaes, Good LUck for yours! I sincerely hope you get it coz' you're so nice (I'm biased) Hehe. Oh yeh, could I private message you my email addy so we can keep in touch when the results are released? It'd be fun to celebrate if we both get in, and also if we don't, itd be nice to seek comfort. Lolz.
Reply 47
paymaster
We're on our third page.... Madness

LMAO. At least it's 3 pages of decent convesation. The other thread I was posting at was just insane. No one speaking, just everyone shouting on top of each other hoping to get heard. Ah well.. I liked this thread.
Reply 48
Well if we both don't get in, then we're both aiming for nottingham. Unfortunately, they're not as eager to give me an offer as they were you!
Reply 49
paymaster
Well if we both don't get in, then we're both aiming for nottingham. Unfortunately, they're not as eager to give me an offer as they were you!

They're just after my money. OOOH I HAVE GOOD NEWS :smile: My friend (well an acquaintance) got AABCC and she got into Law for NOttingham! It's just that she's overseas like me. COME ON! AABCC! You're way above that.
Reply 50
There's the really big thread going, which I've looked at over the last few days. But every1's getting kinda worried.

We must keep in touch, it'll be interesting to see how we both get on.
Reply 51
That is good news :smile:
Reply 52
Hey, I'm going to sleep now coz' it's nearly 4am and my neck is dying. Lolz. I'll private message you my email addy and I do hope to keep in touch. I'll be the first one to be really happy when you get accepted by nottingham. Note the 'WHEN'. I have full confidence that if an AABCC student can get in, so can you. They can't be so mercenary in their attitude. It's dumb. Anywaes, do you have MSN messenger or something? It'd be easier to communicate that way. But if not, I'll just leave my email. Lordy, just wishing you the best and don't worry too much. Study for your math :smile: I'm trying hard to study for mine.
Reply 53
OK... Well Goodnight!!

Yeah, I've got MSN, so just message me your addy, and I'll add u as a contact.

Don't know if i'm gonna be sleeping tonite :s-smilie:

Talk soon, take care.
Reply 54
paymaster
OK... Well Goodnight!!

Yeah, I've got MSN, so just message me your addy, and I'll add u as a contact.

Don't know if i'm gonna be sleeping tonite :s-smilie:

Talk soon, take care.

See ya around! *yawn* It's been a long night for me indeed. I wonder who's going to be the next person to post in this thread. Haha. It's probably the longest 2 person thread they've got on this forum and it's funny that no one else bothered posting. Teehee.. nice one. Nitey nite to me.
Reply 55
hiya, u've found another lawyer, i applied to Sidney Sussex, Cambridge, got the acceptance letter couple of days ago, they've offered my AAAE for my four subjects, only other uni thats given me a offer so far is Shefifeld that'll probably be my insurance, i'm well surprised tho, coz i never saw myself as particularly academic or really the 'Cambridge' type, but i thort i'd try for the hell of it, have you heard yet, best of luck!!!
Reply 56
Karim
hiya, u've found another lawyer, i applied to Sidney Sussex, Cambridge, got the acceptance letter couple of days ago, they've offered my AAAE for my four subjects, only other uni thats given me a offer so far is Shefifeld that'll probably be my insurance, i'm well surprised tho, coz i never saw myself as particularly academic or really the 'Cambridge' type, but i thort i'd try for the hell of it, have you heard yet, best of luck!!!

Congrats!! Lolz.. I haven't heard yet so I'm real nervous. I heard from Notts, Leeds and Manchester so far. Where have you applied to?
Reply 57
lilsunflower
Congrats!! Lolz.. I haven't heard yet so I'm real nervous. I heard from Notts, Leeds and Manchester so far. Where have you applied to?

Notts, UCL, LSE, Bristol, heard nothing from notts and the rest have written to tell me that it'll take ages for them to make up their mind. Got a bit of a dilema, really want to take a gap year now, but i didn't at the time, but don't think its worth losing a cambridge offer over. Its a long shot but might ask them if theres still ne chance to defer it. Do u reckon that might be a bad idea? What college did u apply to?
Reply 58
Karim
Notts, UCL, LSE, Bristol, heard nothing from notts and the rest have written to tell me that it'll take ages for them to make up their mind. Got a bit of a dilema, really want to take a gap year now, but i didn't at the time, but don't think its worth losing a cambridge offer over. Its a long shot but might ask them if theres still ne chance to defer it. Do u reckon that might be a bad idea? What college did u apply to?

I applied to Downing and got rejected. Umm.. about deferring... maybe you should give it a try and they can't take back their offer anyway. Just don't be too surprised if they say "no".. but ask them as early as possible so they won't be too annoyed.
Reply 59
lilsunflower
I applied to Downing and got rejected. Umm.. about deferring... maybe you should give it a try and they can't take back their offer anyway. Just don't be too surprised if they say "no".. but ask them as early as possible so they won't be too annoyed.

sorry to hear u got rejected, sum1 i know didn't get into downing, seems very competative, i'm sure its their loss in both cases

think i will give it a try without setting my heart on it

Latest

Trending

Trending