Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of buying a new suit for next term at uni. I was looking in TK Maxx but the mind boggles. As a vain man i want to show off my V-shaped physique but also not to look like that PVC clad little britain gay.

what should i go for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambridgemuscle)
    what should i go for?
    not tk maxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra)
    not tk maxx
    as i found out

ReputationRep:
    as i found out
    Yeah, I also have a dislike of that kind of shop, a big department store should be able to provide somthing, presumably all you need is something nice that fits well

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind spending a bit extra have one taylor made. It'll show off your "physique" a lot better and look a hell of a lot nicer too. If you don't want to spend a lot, well... browse around a few department stores like mentioned I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fonzievision)
    If you don't mind spending a bit extra have one taylor made. It'll show off your "physique" a lot better and look a hell of a lot nicer too. If you don't want to spend a lot, well... browse around a few department stores like mentioned I guess.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that, but as he was looking in TK maxx I guess he doesnt want to spend much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra)
    Yeah, I was wondering about that, but as he was looking in TK maxx I guess he doesnt want to spend much
    I'm not really a big clothes fan. don't get me wrong i don't go out in chinos and ben sherman shirts and try and avoid most cambridge cliches, but being as i've not got a job i think sub £150 is going to have to suffice. i think selfridges in Brum do bespoke but like i said, sub 150. I have plenty of good shirts my old man got me for xmas, a dress suit and a casual blazer, just not a decent looking two piece that does't make me look like a bouncer at the local yates'.

I saw some fc uk ones which looked alright but they were pinstripe. surely as my only suit i'd be looking at double breated dark navy right.

ReputationRep:
    I saw some fc uk ones which looked alright but they were pinstripe. surely as my only suit i'd be looking at double breated dark navy right.
    double breasted !? for some one our age is unusal and risks making you look like an old fat man

ReputationRep:
    m+s do good suits for guys! i picked one out for my bf for 6th form and he looks gorgeous in it! its good quality and affordable too, about £130 i think?

ReputationRep:
    yer i'd look in m + s, i got one from there a while ago and its fine

ReputationRep:
    yeh i'd recommed m+s....took my ex bf there too! to get a suit for a weddin....theres great choice n all at a decent price

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of buying a new suit for next term at uni. I was looking in TK Maxx but the mind boggles. As a vain man i want to show off my V-shaped physique but also not to look like that PVC clad little britain gay.

what should i go for?
    try m and s or next.

ReputationRep:
    double breasted!?! personally i wud stay clear of them. have a look in next, m&s, zara, river island.

ReputationRep:
    You can always buy an off the rack suit and then have a tailor change it to fit perfectly- shouldn't be too expensive.

You can get fitted suits off the rack, but then they are usually quite expensive.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.