Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I miss my firm choice by 1 grade and they still have space, do I have to ask them to put me on to the course or will they just do it anyway? What if I'm suddenly glad that I get to go to my insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    The university might still accept you when you miss your offer. If they don't, you can call up to see if they still accept you. If they still don't, you go to your insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, but that wasn't what I was asking. Will they automatically sign me up for the course if they have space but I miss the grades OR is this entirely dependant on my asking for them to do it. After all, I may be pleased to be going to my insurance any way.

ReputationRep:
    Check the UCAS Track I think. . .it should say on there tmrw which unis accepted you and stuff..then u can perhaps call them to ask anyway..i think :-(

ReputationRep:
    riccardo... your firm is Imperial and insurance Durham right?

ReputationRep:
    If you see on UCAS track that they've accepted you anyway, you won't have to phone them, but if not you can ring and check. If you'd prefer to go to your insurance, you could ask your firm to release you, but I think your insurance would have to agree to take you as well.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.