The Student Room Group

Opening your results...

So how are all of you going to manage tomorrow?

Up at 7am to check UCAS Track?

Up early for college? (what time?) .. And how will you then open your results? With friends? On your own when you get home/ on your way?

Personally im getting up at 8 and getting to college for 9 (or earlier if i cant eat my breakfast! lol), then opening them when im alone, walking home. Though im tempted to just check out UCAS Track. I know it doesnt give the grades, but it would maybe make you more confident about getting your grades if you got in. On the other hand, if UCAS Track says you failed.. you wouldnt really want to go in would you!??!

So whats your plan for tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have one AS level but im not getting it until my GCSE's - i recon you should party after you get it no matter what you get
Reply 2
no way am I opening them with people, definitely in solitude on the way home
Reply 3
Get up at 9.30. Dude picks me up just before ten. Open results.

Christ, it aint that hard, :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Im checkin ucas track to hopefully ease my mind and then confirm my accomodation

Then 9.30 drive to college get my results sit in the car and read them.

Cry either way

GO to meet my friends at the pub for lunch - ring my mum n dad b4

Cry again

Drink loads

Crymore !
Reply 5
Cant decide really, dont want to check track incase it says bad things and then i wont get where i want to go, dont want to go into coll cause i have to open the envelope and find out, its all so final!
Reply 6
mR_CaRL
So how are all of you going to manage tomorrow?

Up at 7am to check UCAS Track?

Up early for college? (what time?) .. And how will you then open your results? With friends? On your own when you get home/ on your way?

Personally im getting up at 8 and getting to college for 9 (or earlier if i cant eat my breakfast! lol), then opening them when im alone, walking home. Though im tempted to just check out UCAS Track. I know it doesnt give the grades, but it would maybe make you more confident about getting your grades if you got in. On the other hand, if UCAS Track says you failed.. you wouldnt really want to go in would you!??!

So whats your plan for tomorrow?

My plan will be wake up at 7am and have breakfast first and try to calm myself. After that, I will log onto track and wait for the AS12 letter to come (depends if my offer is made early or not, if not I would get the letter after the 18th. If my UCAS track account is updated and it's a acceptance, I would be happy and wake the whole house up). Lastly, I would go into school at about 9:30 to collect my results and celebrate depending on my results.
Ok here's the plan

wake up about 8ish. If i'm feeling brave go and check track, otherwise leave my login details so my mum can check when i've gone. Get into school about 19ish and either wait around for the other school to fax over my results or go and collect them. Oh and i want to be alone till i have it all sorted. When all is ok and i've got into my firm we go to the pub..and drink..a..lot
Reply 8
Pigmy Goat
I have one AS level but im not getting it until my GCSE's because my school are gay - i recon you should party after you get it no matter what you get

I don't think I'd be in the mood to party if Notts doesn't take me. And thing is now I know I can slip and they'll probably still take me cus my course is on clearing in Notts anyway - but that would mean if I slip below that clearing requirement I would've slipped from my insurance offer as well. (If I slip, expects ABC. Need ABC to get into insurance. Clearing at Notts asks for BBC)

Either way I'd wanna go home alone and cry my heart out, and then go out and party, take my mind off things :redface:
I'm going into college before i check UCAS track as i dont have the courage to throw myself into the deep end.

I'm getting up at 8am to water the garden of the house im house-sitting, then im going to have breakfast and watch the news until 10am. Thats when my cousin will take me into college to meet my judgement.

good luck all!! :smile:
Up at 8, typical bowl of Crunchy Nut Extra Nutty :biggrin: then into college for 9 to open my results.. then hopefully get all excited and hit eBay to buy uni stuff :P (after answering the phone to my mum who'll have been ringing every 2 mins since she left for work!!)

Then out for an Indian and copious amounts of alcohol with my friends :smile:
Reply 11
I cant really go out and get wasted- soooo annoying. Im not 18 till next week! Grrrr.Of course i do go out, but mainly crappy pubs- where as the local club is having a massive well done/pyjama party- which EVERYONE is going to :frown: lol Strict 18+ I.D only entry.

Oh... and ive got work from 5.30-9.30!
Reply 12
Get up at erm 6ish maybe- for once in my life!

Check UCAS track constantly! Go to school at 10am ish. We don't get them in envelopes so I'll get my sheet - go look at it in a quiet place, scream when I do badly and then ring up my firm!
Reply 13
Well i'm going out tonight and staying at my boyfriend's so we'll probably wake up whenever, then i'll check track for mine (he doesn't want to) wait for our friends that live nearby to arrive and then all walk up together. The college opens at 10, but we'll probably be later than that. Open results, clebrate (hopefully) and then i don't know where we'll go. Probably out for a pub lunch somewhere. xx
I'm planning on getting up at 6 so I can watch foolish people opening their results on GMTV/BBC, and going into school at 9.30.
Reply 15
-Sian-
I'm planning on getting up at 6 so I can watch foolish people opening their results on GMTV/BBC, and going into school at 9.30.

Yeah I guess I'll turn on the TV to watch!
Reply 16
get up at 6.30... start looking at the courses on clearing... log in... cry... jump and shout! ... watch Sky news... phone my school at 9.30-10.00... log in TSR! :p:
Well.. probably will be up at 6am... Eat, get ready, ponder about ucas track. Look at clearing. Go to college, get my envelope and open in a corner, but will have to tell teachers to record which uni i am going to or something like that.

Go to the pub/home and cry.
Reply 18
Wake up at 8.30 ish

Get The Independent

Read and make mental notes of interesting options in the paper

On the bus, the journey to school

Open results at school

Ponder on the bus home either inhibited in joyful harmony or some dissapointment
I'm more like getting up at 5am to go to work at 6! Leave work, go home, get changed and go to school. If I have enough energy I might open my results before I fall asleep!

Latest

Trending

Trending