Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We have to open ours in front of our HOY or Deputy HOY.

I plan to wake up about 6:30am, have breakfast, heck UCAS track at 7am, cry if I am rejected or jump for joy if I am accepted and go to school at 8:15 to find out my results. You have to go into your HOY office and he passes you them after he looks. Seems unfair, but there is someone there straight away to offer you advice....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    You have to go into your HOY office and he passes you them after he looks. Seems unfair, but there is someone there straight away to offer you advice....
    Ouch! That would be tortue.. though for the head of year i suppose they get to torment young adults...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    We have to open ours in front of our HOY or Deputy HOY.

I plan to wake up about 6:30am, have breakfast, heck UCAS track at 7am, cry if I am rejected or jump for joy if I am accepted and go to school at 8:15 to find out my results. You have to go into your HOY office and he passes you them after he looks. Seems unfair, but there is someone there straight away to offer you advice....

That's just really harsh.

I'm getting up about 11, going in, getting pissed. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Na I think it is good. Especially if you get the Deputy, she is really nice and sympathetic. I think it is cool because they kind of get you up and running straight as you get your results and talk over your options then and there.

ReputationRep:
    ....i thought UCAS track wasn't updated till 11am?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what time i'll get up, depends on whether I'm able to get any sleep tonight or not. Probably watch the A grade students open their results on tele :rolleyes: and then get ready to leave. Get the half nine train, get off train at half ten and meet all my mates and then walk to college together. I'll probably open my results in front of a couple of mates, cry whatever I get because I know I haven't done as well as I could have. Receive the obligatory phone call from my mum then go and get extremely extremely drunk

ReputationRep:
    get up around half nine, watch the telly, get really nervous. go to school for about 10:45. Results should be out at 11 but they were 2 hours late last year. Probably get my mam to open them. I am not expecting good things.

ReputationRep:
    Ive decided to UCAS track in the morning instead- then casualy stoll into college around 1ish, probably a little tipsy.

If i get up at 7 and UCAS TRACK aint workin i will be hella pissed off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mR_CaRL)
    Ive decided to UCAS track in the morning instead- then casualy stoll into college around 1ish, probably a little tipsy.

If i get up at 7 and UCAS TRACK aint workin i will be hella pissed off
    LEast you can check yours on ucas track! i got an emailof newcastle saying that ucas was unable to provide themwith my maths grade but couldnt explain why, so i haev to phone up when i get my results and tell them myself, if i get way belowmy offer might jsut **** it off and go and get minging all the clubs have got big partys, free drinks etc, weatherspoons 10% discount through the dayif you show them your results aswell! its allsosweet now im 18

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the typcial college open times will be tomoro?! I can't be bothered to get out of bed early (im lazy), but i don't want to miss picking them up before they post them (if they do that)....anyone know the latest time?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris)
    Does anyone know what the typcial college open times will be tomoro?! I can't be bothered to get out of bed early (im lazy), but i don't want to miss picking them up before they post them (if they do that)....anyone know the latest time?!
    For mine is 9am. According to other threads in the A-level forum, it's 9/10am onwards.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.