Turn on thread page Beta

why do the jewish members of the forum call me anti-semetic and hate me so much? watch

ReputationRep:
    Is the goal of zionism, a Greater Israel? Bismarck do u know?

ReputationRep:
    One should meet people on a one to one basis and form an opinion of them.
    Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    The only agreed-upon goal of Zionism is the need for Jews to have their own homeland in and around Jerusalem. What that homeland consists of is open to dispute.
    Was East Jerusalem taken up as part of Israel in 1967?

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to meet an anti-Zionist who also wasn't an anti-Semite
    You think myself and Bashment are anti semitic? I know you haven't men them, but do you think Jenny Tong or Corin Redgrave are anti semitic? Do you think anti zionist JEWS are anti semitic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Hmm.
    Thats what i thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    Was East Jerusalem taken up as part of Israel in 1967?
    No, east Jerusalem was occupied by Jordan between '49 and '67. East Jerusalem was annexed by Israel though (Israel did not formally annex Gaza or the West Bank).

ReputationRep:
    You think myself and Bashment are anti semitic? I know you haven't men them, but do you think Jenny Tong or Corin Redgrave are anti semitic? Do you think anti zionist JEWS are anti semitic?
    Good point actually, I'll tell that to my Jewish friends, them anti-semites!!

ReputationRep:
    There are antisemitic jews. Judaism is a religion and a form of living which allows for very wide positions. There are jews who discriminate jews. Some people say Marx was antisemitic, and some marxist jews are antisemitic.

That doesn't happen much in other religions does it?

ReputationRep:
    No, east Jerusalem was occupied by Jordan between '49 and '67. East Jerusalem was annexed by Israel though (Israel did not formally annex Gaza or the West Bank).
    So did they annex East Jerusalem in 1967?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    So did they annex East Jerusalem in 1967?
    Not sure of the exact date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anabelle)
    There are antisemitic jews.
    How does that work then? Jews being anti-semetic to people of a fellow religion? I don't understand that one.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure of the exact date.
    A year would be fine

ReputationRep:
    There are antisemitic jews. Judaism is a religion and a form of living which allows for very wide positions. There are jews who discriminate jews. Some people say Marx was antisemitic, and some marxist jews are antisemitic.
    Semites are a family of racial groups including Judean Jews and Arabs. You cannot be a Judean Jew (as most of the vehemently antizionist Jews are) and be anti semitic.

Given your willingness to murder Jews
    When on earth have I shown a 'willingness to murder Jews.' Stop talking as if I'm the resident Synagogue torcher. I SAID that fi I was a Palestinian I would have (probably) killed Israel invaders (referring to soldiers) who came into my town. And remember my dear, not all Israelis are Jews as Wahib Taysir Hayb shows.

your obsession with all the wrongs committed by Jews
    Like? In what other topic other than Israel/Palestine have I criticised wrongs committed by Jews?

especially bashment's comment about 9/11
    Again, nothing anti semitic about that. Conspiratorial maybe.

Yep, Neturai Karta come to mind.
    Neturei Karta are not anti semitic. They are great people.

ReputationRep:
    The good old "I have black friends, therefore I'm not racist" excuse.
    You don't know anything about me, so don't twist things. It wasn't an excuse, just thought I'd tell my Jewish friends that because they are anti-zionists they are anti-semites also, in somepeoples humble opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    A year would be fine
    I think it was '67, but I'm not sure if Israel annexed all of eastern Jerusalem at once or if it did so piecemeal.

Neturei Karta are not anti semitic. They are great people.
    Thanks for confirming my opinion of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    A year would be fine
    I think it was in 1967

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can be jewish and antisemitic. Just because you are born a jew it oesn't mean you have to follow anything, it's just education. There are jews who discriminate jews (thay are not very coherent).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anabelle)
    Yes you can be jewish and antisemitic. Just because you are born a jew it oesn't mean you have to follow anything, it's just education. There are jews who discriminate jews (thay are not very coherent).
    Isn't a Jew being a believer of Judaism? If you don't believe in the religion of Judaism then surely you can't be a Jew anymore, what if a Jew converts to another religion? (as was the case with my great great great grandparents) In which case am I still a Jew?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    Isn't a Jew being a believer of Judaism? If you don't believe in the religion of Judaism then surely you can't be a Jew anymore, what if a Jew converts to another religion? (as was the case with my great great great grandparents) In which case am I still a Jew?
    You can be an atheist jew (I am one). You are jewish if you are born from a jewish mother or if you convert. Judaism has a religious part (basically beliving in god, which I don't) and a way of living part (civilization or whatever you wish to call it). That includes the food, the social heritage and the pride for the number of nobel prizes (now that I'm going to LSE I have twice that pride ). People who were born jews and who live a jewish way of life, meaning that they don't deny their judaism and still eat falafel, sometimes are antisemitic.

ReputationRep:
    A Jew is anyone whose mother is a Jew, regardless whether they follow Judaism or not. 25% of American Jews are atheists for example. And Disraeli's parents converted to Christianity, but he was still called a Jew.
    That i just don't get, being Jewish is not just a religious thing. :confused:

Could I be a Jewish Muslim then?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.